Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Spain seem to ruin a lot of sports I like so I hope they brutally lose all their games and crash out of their group.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Imagine if Nadal played for the SMNT, that would be the most doped team physically possible.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Troy Queef posted:

is there a spanish athlete that isn't more doped up than most pro wrestlers

the answer is no

I don't think Spanish motorcyclists are doped, they just benefit from government funding. They are definitely ruining that sport too.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Troy Queef posted:

"government funding" was how the GDR got good at women's swimming, too

Repsol and Spain spend millions of dollars funding Spanish riders, and an entire national series that races to Moto2 rules, which gives them a massive advantage for rider development. The promotion company that runs MotoGP is also Spanish, which is bad. Meanwhile young British riders have to race in like, British Superbike or something else that doesn't prepare them at all for the Moto2 and MotoGP bikes. It's a bad situation unless you are Spanish.

Ugh. Just ugh. I'm beginning to think they really are doped.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I'm sorry for going off topic but I just hate the nation of Spain so much.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

cadfael posted:

5 just 5.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I'm voting this thread 5

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
re: doping, all the Spanish tennis players are doing it too, right?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Wimbledon_Championships_%E2%80%93_Men%27s_Singles#Seeds

9 Spanish seeds, Lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Yeah, not to continue tennis chat in the football forum, but I think the average age of ATP tournament winners has been climbing and climbing- and this is with slower courts that you'd think would suit more athletic, young players with more stamina than the older (non-doped) ones. It's weird to think that the French Open was once a showcase for youth.

I love tennis, but watching it now is just an exercise in laughing at the anonymous Spainards who get eliminated, and getting really depressed when Kei Nishikori gets injured.

edit: RIP

Feels Villeneuve fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Jun 18, 2014

• Locked thread