Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Emetic Hustler posted:

Is the hate Spain thing because they've won the last three big tournaments or is it because the way they play the beautiful game? Was it OK to like Spain before they won everything, when they were to (lovable?) losers. Also is there any substance to the rumors of them all being doped up or is it just bitter talk.

It started about a year before the world cup in 2010. Barcelona (who i mention because del bosque just does whatever they do) under Frank Rijkaard and Spain were playing incredibly exciting direct football. There was passing and traingles galore but it always involved trying to get the ball through the defense to score. Pep takes over barca and they seemingly get even better. There is more passing and possesion but still plenty of attacking with eto, Messi, and henry combining for 100 goals.

Then pep's style creeps in further and rather than the brilliant football for what is overwhelmingly the worlds most talented squad we get an ultradefensive pile of shite that somehow gets excused because they have loads of possession. A team with Xavi, Alonso, Villa, Torres (while he was still good), iniesta etc start passing the ball back to the keeper rather then try and score a goal and spend the entirety of the world cup grinding out 1-0 wins. It's an appalling waste of talent and is basically another form of mourinho's 'anti-football'.

You can see the pattern at bayern now. A superb counter attacking team gets even better once pep injects a bit more passing and possession but is now slowly regressing to kicking it aimlessly to each other instead of trying to score.

In terms of the doping there was a huge bust called Operation Puerto. Only the names of cyclists have been released despite the doctor involved saying he was so busy with la liga he had to turn down a serie A team and cyclists stating they saw footballers and tennis players at the clinic. The spanish courts have constantly tried to suppress anything else getting out most recently this involved a judge ordering the destruction of the blood bags found at Dr Fuentes's office. Spain is this decades East Germany.

Loving Africa Chaps fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Jun 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Even lance armstrong thinks football is dirty.http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/ot...-up-doping.html

England strict lmao. Chelsea and spurs have both bought centrifuges and give no fucks.

If people want a doping thread i'm happy to make one like it did for the 2012 olympics

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

All elite sport should have no needle policies

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

They needed to win this game and started with two defensive midfielders. Good riddance.

• Locked thread