Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

In less racist news I loving hate Vicente del Bosque and loving hated him when he was coaching RM.He may have won a bunch of stuff but his teams are loving boring.Except when skullfucking Italy.That was great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

Monday Bandele posted:

Is Del Bosque the biggest fraud in world football? Riding on Pep and Luis Aragones's hard work, massive strokes of fortune in both 2010 and 2012, consistently awful friendly performances, refusal to change despite repeated warning signs...just a complete dinosaur.

I'll never accept this guy is succesful manager.He's a loving conservative fraud.
I got to feel supremely smug with every goal the dutch were scoring which is a lovely thing when your team losses by 5 goals but silver linings.

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

Katana Gomai posted:

I don't know how it was in other countries, but here in Germany, "doping in football is pointless, it's a team/finesse sport!" was accepted truth until at least halfway into the 00's. No idea why anyone ever believed that a stamina sport wouldn't benefit from doping, I think they just really wanted to believe it because reality scared them.

If we trust the rumours the west german teams from 50-70 were juiced up to their eyeballs with all kinds of poo poo.

Jose posted:

Nadal regularly moans about how strict testing despite Tennis having the laziest testing of pretty much any major sport. Djokovic used to quit games when he was gassed then got on a "gluten free diet" and started winning regularly.

All Spanish sport is tainted by the fact anyone who wins things will have almost certainly been using Fuentes. Real Sociedad's former president came out and said that there were bags of blood with player names on that he assumes were for doping and nobody did any investigated or anything

The puerto operation not only targeted spanish players and athletes.They had contacts in Germany , Italy and France.Everybody is doing it.Not that excuses anything.Also Nadal conveniently gets injured for certain months every year and comes back stronger every time.I still remember those 2008-2010 Sevilla teams that ran faster and further than everybody and how everything was due to a "magic diet".

hump day bitches! fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Jun 18, 2014

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

Jose posted:

So Del Bosque surely has to be sacked now

Quoting this one because nothing would me happier and therefore won't happen.Del Bosque for all his faults is a genuinely good person and the spanish press LOVES him,he grants all kinds of access and is always ready to answer to the big journos.Same performance under Clemente or Luis Aragonés will probably result in a massive amount of abuse , questioning and general classless behaviour similar to the displayed between 2006-2008.Besides the backing of the press he has the support of the sports director of the federation who is an old buddy you may remember: Fernando Hierro.He is bulletproof.

This catastrophe has been two years in the making.Friendlies and qualifying matches were horrible showing an slow and old team filled with old sacred cows.The retirement party for these players should had been the past eurocup,instead they decided to waste two years of development and all the goodwill for this poo poo show.

Now this is not new for me since I have spent the past 20 years watching this team embarrass itself in spectacular fashion.Chipre,Northern Island,France 98 or Germany 2006 come to mind.

hump day bitches! fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Jun 19, 2014

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

The worst is the press.Those fuckers engaged in a Gebbelians effort to spin , change , protect and everything in between the coach and players.They are rude,massively racist and stupidly arrogant.They will whine and bitch when they don't get access and influence.I still remember the 2004 eurocup and the weeks preceding to it when the press started to demand certain players to be put in the starting eleven and the sacking of a coach they had spent two years protecting.

Or Raúl Selección and the hunt of Sergio Aragonés.

manchego posted:

This is what most people will fail to realize. It's been milk and honey for 6 years, but i would imagine only the very, very young in Spain will be inconsolable.

Well they better acquaintance with this feeling because sadly they will be a major mainstay in their lives and not just in relation to football.

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

The Finn posted:

I think he meant Goebbels

I am way too tired to write properly.I'll leave it there to further complement this shameful day.

manchego posted:

I can't think of a country that Spain is closest to in character. All that was needed was the single star above the crest.

:smith:

hump day bitches! fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Jun 19, 2014

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

DOOP posted:

I thought I read somewhere that Del Bosque said he was going to retire after the WC

In April said he wanted to retire but a month ago a press report came out saying he wanted more time to think about the retirement.

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

The Mash posted:

Casillas is completely done at the top level. I don't know if it's his head or his body that has gone but it's like watching Torres

De Gea needs the #1 slot now and forever

He has spent the past two seasons squabbling with managers.This past season he only played in Copa del Rey and CL .Everybody is pissed with him here , he even got Mole as a nickname.

peanut- posted:

Iniesta being dropped would be insanity.

Iniesta always arrives to end of season in a terrible state.He's 30 now and he's not going to be able to hold up the next two years.

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

hhhmmm posted:

Casillas was benched in La Liga at club level, had a massive blunder in the CL-final and a really poor game against Netherlands. Why play him against Chile?

The losses were a team effort, but Casillas sure made that extra push to make it happen.

Name and past credit.The gamble was calling the current generation to play.Del Bosque thought these guys were able to classify and play the tournament , but they were old and slow for the past years and in the Netherlands game the bottom fell off.He miscalculated and these two games happened.

The team was done for the type of system they were trying to run.

Slaapaav posted:

Does spain have young ball winning midfielders not on doping? I am talking someone who could win a 50-50 against your average african male who plays a midfield role in a random european club side.

They won the under 21-euros but they probably have nicknames in the puerto list.

hump day bitches! fucked around with this message at 10:28 on Jun 19, 2014

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

peanut- posted:

He's your best player by a mile, and still was at this tournament in spite of the generally poor performance. He was the only one that looked bothered.

I understand wanting a clear out and moving on, but Spain dropping Iniesta is like Portugal dropping Ronaldo levels of crazy talk imo

Off course.He's great but he simply cannot shoulder the entire team.He's going to get run to the ground in Barcelona.He won't we able to play more than 50-60 min a game .He needs to be a super sub or something.

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

Jose posted:

Commentators did mention that only 2 of the players were over 30 in the team that played last night. The team isn't so old that you'd normally expect such a sudden drop in form

Some of the guys looked and played like they are forty.Torres looked like and ex-player,the same with Casillas, Xabi Alonso and Xavi.Others may be salvageable
maybe Alba ,Azpilicueta and Ramos.

The wheels came off in such an spectacular fashion I am wishing Puerto starts working for them again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

dex_sda posted:

Also their superdoctor getting busted. Apparently the Spanish cyclists have turned to poo poo as well.

He was busted in 2007 and he's being working as an obstetrician for the past years.Note: he was investigated for a crime of endangering of the public health not doping because doping wasn't a crime when he was detained.Eventually he was acquitted because he was doing lots of things but endangering someone wasn't one of those.

hump day bitches! fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Jun 22, 2014

• Locked thread