Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

Katana Gomai posted:

I don't know how it was in other countries, but here in Germany, "doping in football is pointless, it's a team/finesse sport!" was accepted truth until at least halfway into the 00's. No idea why anyone ever believed that a stamina sport wouldn't benefit from doping, I think they just really wanted to believe it because reality scared them.
A lot of people believe this, and further argue that stamina isn't that important in football, as you also need technique, tactical awareness, a brain, and what not. All true, of course, but if you're able to run faster and longer then the opposition you'd obviously have a massive advantage. In short, doping rules but Big Rodg doesn't need it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Syncopated posted:

I don't get it, are you saying that C Ronaldo and Robben would have something to gain from running faster than their opponents? No way, all you need is technique.
Some people actually come up with stuff like that, believe it or not.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Nothing wrong with that necessarily. A bigger mistake was starting a proper shite striker.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

I've always disliked Casillas big time - he's got one of the most punchable faces in modern football - so his massive decline is quite welcome, I'd say.

• Locked thread