Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pedro De Heredia
May 30, 2006
The only good news for Spain is that none of these players are gonna be in the next World Cup (or even the Euros) anyway.

Casillas, Xabi, Ramos, Xavi, Iniesta, Pique, Busquets, Villa, Torres, Cazorla, Pedro, Costa, almost everyone's a goner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pedro De Heredia
May 30, 2006
He won't be a starter again. IMO he is a very, very limited player who only worked for that particular system with Xavi and Iniesta. He was terrible this year and will be dropped from Barcelona, and from Spain.

Pedro De Heredia
May 30, 2006
Jordi Alba played so badly I started to wonder if he'd been doing heroin before the game.

Pedro De Heredia
May 30, 2006
Alonso hasn't been that great for Madrid in La Liga the last months or so but yesterday was just shocking, I wanted to euthanize the poor guy.

And Casillas...lmao

Pedro De Heredia
May 30, 2006

hhhmmm posted:

Casillas was benched in La Liga at club level, had a massive blunder in the CL-final and a really poor game against Netherlands. Why play him against Chile?

The losses were a team effort, but Casillas sure made that extra push to make it happen.

Real Madrid won the titles in which Casillas played at goalkeeper, and he played really well in both tournaments, CL final nonwithstanding. Reina is bad, De Gea didn't have an amazing season or anything, and Valdes is injured. Even if Valdes had been selected as goalkeeper, Casillas would have ended up playing anyway.

Having said that, three consecutive important games in which you gently caress up is incredible, Arsenal-GK level of badness.

Pedro De Heredia fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Jun 19, 2014

Pedro De Heredia
May 30, 2006

peanut- posted:

He's your best player by a mile, and still was at this tournament in spite of the generally poor performance. He was the only one that looked bothered.

I understand wanting a clear out and moving on, but Spain dropping Iniesta is like Portugal dropping Ronaldo levels of crazy talk imo

He's 30 years old, it's over. By the time he gets to the next tournament, he'll be 32. He should still be on the team, but you can't expect him to be a focal point of the team anymore.

Pedro De Heredia
May 30, 2006
I don't see why Costa would probably stay. He has done literally nothing in the Spanish national team and has one season of good football for a top team, he's a big nothing.

It's not just the age of the players, it's how much they'll realistically be playing in the next few years. Many of them are going to be phased out of their clubs now.

Pedro De Heredia
May 30, 2006
He will not have added to that in the next two years because he won't be that good at Chelsea.

He is almost twenty-six and has had one great season at a club where a bunch of players who have a proven record of not being that good also had great seasons.

Pedro De Heredia
May 30, 2006

Dell_Zincht posted:

I doubt Chelsea would have spent 30mil on him unless they thought he would be a success.

I don't give a poo poo what CHelsea thinks is a success. They spent 50 million on Fernando Torres.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pedro De Heredia
May 30, 2006
Spain's striker situation wouldn't be so bad if they had just committed to playing one of the strikers they do have. Llorente could have done a good job for them, or Negredo. Even Costa, if he'd actually played games for the Spanish national teams. Every game they play is a dumb 'audition' for three new players.

• Locked thread