Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

KernelSlanders posted:

If someone has some combination of those degrees (say PhD and BS in neuro/EE) and an interest in finance or even some nominal finance experience, how would he go about applying for these positions you and, presumably, your competitors want to fill? I was under the impression that buy side jobs were all about personal relationships. I assume going through HR is hopeless.

To kinda piggy back on this, I have a BS in Aerospace Engineering, with about a year experience as a junior loan officer and another year's experience working processing paperwork for loans and underwriters. I don't have any engineering experience (it's been a rough 5 years), but kinda want to leverage what banking experience and general knowledge into getting a position in finance. I've heard stories of how 'a friend of a friend' got an engineering degree and went into finance pretty successfully, so I'm trying to do the same. What's a good way to get into the industry?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread