Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

IAmTheRad posted:

Once I max out a idol with level and of course affection, they get fed to the next one to get max rank. But I will not feed the nine to anyone except their own exact clone for the skill ups.

You perhaps know this and stick to your guns for reasons, but for skill ups, you don't need identical clones, only cards that share the same skill. And since after a little while you end up with all-SR or better teams, the only use for the rares is to skill up promos.

Speaking of, I also won the Nico lottery and ended up with a fun new promo SR that might end up with a place on a team:

and a cute board thing:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

beaner69 posted:

I keep all of them so I can keep track of them for the album rewards.

This was what got me to quit the first time around on the JP version. I couldn't tell who I'd maxed and who I hadn't, and I was rapidly running out of free space.

I think they fixed it now and have these stickers or whatnot on the corners of idols to denote whether you've idol-fied, max leveled, or max-affection'd them. Which is pretty neat.

finalcake
Oct 5, 2002

CHESTO~!!

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

This was what got me to quit the first time around on the JP version. I couldn't tell who I'd maxed and who I hadn't, and I was rapidly running out of free space.

I think they fixed it now and have these stickers or whatnot on the corners of idols to denote whether you've idol-fied, max leveled, or max-affection'd them. Which is pretty neat.

This is such a life saver on the JP version. I decided to try it out after downloading Starlight Stage, and they totally changed up the main menu. I still sort of get a weird sound delay though, especially by the end of the songs, but overall it feels more neatly organized.

Speaking of which, CG:SS is a lot of fun, but it's so loaded and heavy that it actually makes me appreciate SIF more because of how lighter and streamlined it is.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
I'm reasonably pumped on EN to get Anone Ganbare! and Cutie Panther on the EX rotation for a little while. Thus far I've only FC'd Cutie Panther, out of what's been announced, but that was during a score match, so hello FP/loveca rewards.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
Update still did not fix the lag after pressing to hearing the sound.

How could they break the game like this?

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
It's weird cuz it seems fine on my brothers note 5 now.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
Still broken on my S3, sadly. I might give turning the SFX off a try but having no audio feedback seems like it would make learning new expert songs really hard.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Is it worth it to do the event song on easy if you're just consistently getting a C rank on normal? Or should I just keep grinding on normal?

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

KiteAuraan posted:

Is it worth it to do the event song on easy if you're just consistently getting a C rank on normal? Or should I just keep grinding on normal?

It also depends on your combo. If you care a lot about efficiency, play at the difficulty where you can consistently get a result that ends up in one of the green cells here: http://decaf.kouhi.me/lovelive/index.php?title=Gameplay#Token_Collecting_Event

I'm still finding it a little tricky with the timing, but I adjusted to about +7 and it's been a smidgen better on my Moto X 2nd gen.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

graybook posted:

It also depends on your combo. If you care a lot about efficiency, play at the difficulty where you can consistently get a result that ends up in one of the green cells here: http://decaf.kouhi.me/lovelive/index.php?title=Gameplay#Token_Collecting_Event

I'm still finding it a little tricky with the timing, but I adjusted to about +7 and it's been a smidgen better on my Moto X 2nd gen.

I still can't even get into the green cells. I think part of it is just due to the max Cool I can achieve in a single team, which is capping around 18k max.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Haha so now the iPhone is affected too. I haven't updated to iOS9 yet but the update list sure is tempting.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I like how this event works a lot more than the previous one.

But there is eventually gonna be more than one event song, right?

boom boom boom fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Sep 17, 2015

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
That's the only one. I actually prefer score match, prolly cuz my cards are pretty good so I can get a good score.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

boom boom boom posted:

I like how this event works a lot more than the previous one.

But there is eventually gonna be more than one event song, right?

Unfortunately, no. Token events have just the one. The main change is that a little over halfway in, they make the 4x (of existing difficulties) and ex (+ random ex) available. 4x, as stated in the event notice, takes four times the tokens to play but gives four times the points. It's not as efficient for regular rewards but helps if you don't want to get tired of the event song so quickly.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I am going to get through the whole plot of this event. I need to find out if this chick gets to inherit the bakery or not.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

boom boom boom posted:

I am going to get through the whole plot of this event. I need to find out if this chick gets to inherit the bakery or not.

Honoka is too incompetent to run Homura. Yukiho should be the heiress. :goonsay:

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

The ghost mystery story had the best plot so far. Rice mystery was fun too.

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
Agreed any nico maki story is pretty great. The jealous nico scene owned.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
What the gently caress am I supposed to do with this goddamn alpaca?

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
I prefer to sell them, to be honest. 30k G is fairly nice to get from selling one card.
Alternatively, since it's a Smile card, you could feed it to a Smile R or above.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

boom boom boom posted:

What the gently caress am I supposed to do with this goddamn alpaca?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wG7ibow8TCc

I don't know why you wouldn't want this happening all the time in the game.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I wasn't going to, but now I have 3 versions of Love Live on my phone. NA, JP, and KR.

I didn't plan on starting KR, but the movie gave me a code for Umi. I can't pass up on Umi. If it was Hanayo or Honoka or Kotori, sure, but not Umi.

Does anyone know when the quality of slice changes will hit the NA version? You know, with the streamlined idol layout, daily quests, and all that jazz.

EDIT: On a side note, it occurs to me that I've never had a Hanayo card in any of my 3 versions.

Also I apparently just missed the Eli event with the best song by a day in the KR version, which blows.

ZepiaEltnamOberon fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Sep 22, 2015

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
I think we'll get that next summer, being like a year behind the Japanese version.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
God dammit. KR is even further behind, so I guess it's gonna be a long long time.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Yuuki no Reason EX random is a hell of randomized double-taps.
I failed on the last note. :(

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
jesus christ there is no way I'm gonna finish this event in time. I don't even have 9,000 points yet

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Yeah it sucks for events if you want the character you p much have to play the game like you're taking medicine very few hours. What level are you?

Command Ant posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wG7ibow8TCc

I don't know why you wouldn't want this happening all the time in the game.

:eyepop: really tempted to name change to alpaca and make it my main now

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Chill la Chill posted:

Yeah it sucks for events if you want the character you p much have to play the game like you're taking medicine very few hours. What level are you?

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Events are trickier at lower rank. Participate for the rewards you can get for now, I'd say, but don't overdo it (unless you really want the sr for your favorite girl).
I did t2 for a Maki event earlier this year at a lowish rank but it took plenty of loveca. Wouldn't really recommend, personally. Build your teams as best as you can, max bond normal cards for love gems, and invest those in 10+1s. Eventually you'll have the LP to be able to get event SRs without too much work.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Yeah lower rank is harder. The events used to not need as many points when the game was new. I'm at rank 105 and I can just play the game once in the morning and once at night and be done with it. And then play the event song whenever.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Wow - I think this is the first time I've ever seen this type of limited scouting box during an event (Popular Selection).

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

boom boom boom posted:

jesus christ there is no way I'm gonna finish this event in time. I don't even have 9,000 points yet

Shorter event periods are absurd. In general it takes 7 days and some change of never letting your lp bar max out to get an event card. I had a big rant that I never posted during the last Honoka event that only went for 8 days with 8 hours of maintenance in the middle. It's silly and inconsiderate. If they don't want events to end on weekends then make all events start on the first and third Mondays of the month. All events will end on second and fourth Wednesdays.

But there seems to be a general lack of concern that this is an issue and I don't have time right now to grab event cards even in a 10 day period so whatever. The solution, as is usually the case with this game, is to play the Japanese version where the problem doesn't exist.

EDIT: Apparently this event is 10 days long. So this is just the rant of a crazy person.

Trihugger fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Sep 24, 2015

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I used a couple hearts to by more song tries, but I finished the story and got the card. I was surprised the story ended so soon, there are all these extra goals after it, I thought I was gonna have to do all of them

So with these event cards, there's no way to Idolize them, right?

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
You have to compete with a few thousand other players in top event poopsock ranking in order to receive a second copy of the card.

Otherwise, you'll have to get really lucky in premium student draws later.

The LL movie was rad!

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

Sidesaddle Cavalry posted:

You have to compete with a few thousand other players in top event poopsock ranking in order to receive a second copy of the card.

Otherwise, you'll have to get really lucky in premium student draws later.

The LL movie was rad!

Yeah, I liked the movie. Animation was great, definitely used the budget to the fullest to make the music sequences look good, unlike the TV anime. Also, I liked how it carried the story and closed it out. Though I have my doubts that it will be the end of Love Live anime.

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
End of Love Live? No. The Aquors girls have their debut coming. μ's maybe although hopefully they keep making enough money to stay around.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
I think the best part of the animation was when I realized that Sunrise ended up making multiple CG models of the same characters (in the same costumes) with varying levels of detail, to make transitions between hand-drawn/3D/lessdetailed3D less jarring. In the musical sections I mean

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
Honoka Kosaka UR. Wewt.

Also she's smile. And I needed a smile UR. Just need a Pure now.

I should add that I got it with scout tickets.

IAmTheRad fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Sep 26, 2015

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
The Love Live movie starts with Kotori pulling a pillow out at the airport and laughing, and it just got better from there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
How is the Combo score figured out? Because I've gotten C with only two goods, no bads or misses, and an A with two goods and a miss

• Locked thread