Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
A bit of an atypical list for me, mostly because I've only got a small selection of episodes and I've watched them often. I really need to pick up all the episodes soon, MST3k was such an amazing show.

Also, my first piece of writing technically published online, under a pseudonym of course since I was like 14 at the time, was a MSTing, which is basically taking written material (most commonly fanfiction) and writing riffs based on it, with the pretense that the bad fanfic was being projected on a screen instead of the movie and the MST3k cast was forced to read it. I'm sure this seems weird as hell to most people, but I really dug it in my youth. You can find a MSTing archive at http://svamcentral.org/ewic/mstings.html where my crappy MSTing sits among a lot of other bad ones, and also amazing ones by Megane 6.7. I encourage anyone interested in checking MSTings out to read Megane's first, I always really enjoyed them.

Anyway, I guess I just got nostalgic for a bit there, so my apologies. List time!

1) The Leech Woman
Something about this one is just hilarious to me, and I basically know the riff line-by-line from watching it so often.

2) Manos
I completely agree about it being a hard one to watch for newcomers, but to me it's just an amazing riff on an amazingly bad movie.

3) Laserblast
Another from my rather limited current collection, but even if it only had the Leonard Maltin references it would make my list.

4) MST3k the movie (This Island Earth)
I know this isn't too popular, but I have fond memories of watching it with my friend and I always quite enjoyed it.

5) Final Sacrifice
Just a grade A episode all around, not much more to say about it. I don't have it in my collection, I'll have to get it soon!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

OldSenileGuy posted:

If you can get your hands on MST3K: The Movie, then slot that in above Manos, but below Overdrawn and Timechasers

This guy isn't so Senile after all, he has some good opinions!

• Locked thread