Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
Scolari officially out. Of course, changing just him won't fix anything. Saw data the other day that there are over 250 active players with at least one national team call up. There is and will continue to be zero long term planning and continuity, as the objective will still be to fool some European or Qatari team into spending a boatload of money on some "Brazil national team member."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Beter twee tetten in de hand dan tien op de vlucht.
Scolari is out.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
Brazilian media reporting that CBF is going all out after a foreign coach. Pellegrini, Sabella and Mourinho have been contacted, and all 3 turned it down.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

joepinetree posted:

Brazilian media reporting that CBF is going all out after a foreign coach. Pellegrini, Sabella and Mourinho have been contacted, and all 3 turned it down.

:drat:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

joepinetree posted:

Scolari officially out. Of course, changing just him won't fix anything. Saw data the other day that there are over 250 active players with at least one national team call up. There is and will continue to be zero long term planning and continuity, as the objective will still be to fool some European or Qatari team into spending a boatload of money on some "Brazil national team member."

250 lmao. Brazil are so hosed

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

joepinetree posted:

if they're going to have an argentine do it they should all just start speaking spanish smh

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

To be fair, I am actually more surprised they thought these people would say yes. CBF won't come close to matching even half the salary Mourinho or Pellegrini make. And then they would be taking a job where anything short of winning everything will get you fired (Scolari's predecessor was essentially fired for losing the Olympics gold medal), and they wouldn't have full control of everything, because national clubs and agents would still pressure them to take the player they want to sell.

joepinetree fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Jul 15, 2014

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
Just give it to Romario.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
Remember how I was saying that player managers and agents have a disproportionate power within CBF?

Well, CBF has decided to drop all pretense and named Gilmar Rinaldi as the "technical coordinator" (he's Parreira's replacement, not Scolari's). Now, what has Gilmar done since he retired as a goalkeeper? He's an agent. In fact, he is or was the agent for Adriano, Vagner Love, etc.

Edit:
And his first act as "technical coordinator" is to complain that players used a hat with "forca neymar" written in them after the Colombia match.

Edit 2: Some media reporting that Dunga is now the favorite to return as head coach.

joepinetree fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Jul 18, 2014

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Dunga as the replacement lmao the CBF want to stick to the play ugly to win plan then

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Jose posted:

Dunga as the replacement lmao the CBF want to stick to the play ugly to win plan then

Worked for Spain

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

El Hefe posted:

Worked for Spain

He'd have done great with this squad imo. His mistake last world cup was letting Melo anywhere near the team. Van Bommel and Melo on the pitch was only ever going to end one way

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I hope it goes Dunga-Scolari-Dunga-Scolari until the heat death of the universe

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Was Dunga forced to resign or was he just eager to move on to something else? I thought he did pretty well.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Brony Car posted:

Was Dunga forced to resign or was he just eager to move on to something else? I thought he did pretty well.

He was sacked.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Just by changing the manager won't fix Brazil's problems though I hope they realize that.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

El Hefe posted:

Just by changing the manager won't fix Brazil's problems though I hope they realize that.

This will happen about the same point as birds realize that you can't actually fly through glass and Ashley Young realizes that you don't have to cut inside *every* time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

El Hefe posted:

They realize it. It's just that the goal isn't to form a great national team. It is to sell players and make a lot of money. The fact that they've just nominated Gilmar Rinaldi technical coordinator (essentially he is in charge of all national teams, from the men's u-17 to the women's) is evidence of that, considering his only experience is as an agent (Adriano's agent, so you have an idea).

• Locked thread