Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

beedeebee posted:

Nope, they didn't explain it. Only thing I can think of is someone was offside prior to the handball. But even then, shouldn't the guy who knocked the ball out of the goal get a red card? Even if the play was stopped (which obviously nobody noticed)?

If the ball wasn't in play then no goal-scoring opportunity existed, so there wouldn't be any reason to send him off.

I've watched it back several times and I cannot figure it out. The Brazilian player who went up for the last header was in an offside position but the ball was played last by a Panamanian player so it shouldn't matter. And even if you decide that the Panamanian player's touch was a deflection and shouldn't count as playing the ball, you'd go back to the previous touch by a Brazilian when he was clearly onside. Either way, he should have been fine. The only other thing I can think is that the player who initially headed the ball from the free kick might have been a hair offside. Either way, the play continued on for some time. It's a shame there's no angle that shows what the AR was doing, that might shed at least some light. You'd think though, that if the AR was flagging the whole Panamanian side would be pointing or rushing over to him - but they don't. Whole thing was totally bizarre.

edit: Link, until it gets taken down https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WO2sAw6i3N4 (starts around 44:00)

Lamont Cranston fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Jun 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread