Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I want Bacteria to make it so badly just to see someone with such a stupid name playing internationally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

FullLeatherJacket posted:

Worst. Brazil Team. Ever.

*jazz hands*

On the other hand, they literally have a player called Fred playing at a world cup

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

El Hefe posted:

Hopefully Brazil doesn't win the World Cup because I'm afraid a few people here might kill themselves if they do.

What about if Brazil riot if they lose?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Dias posted:

Man, you know what, I think 2010's squad was worse overall. It just had better coaching.

That team could have won the world cup but lol Dunga was dumb enough to play Felipe Melo

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Dias posted:

Man. that tournament was weird. I'm still remaining pessimistic about Brazil's chances because our hyped squads usually do worse, therefore it's my civic duty to say everyone and everything is poo poo.

Also, 2010's squad had Robinho and Luis Fabiano as strikers, gently caress that poo poo.

Like this squad has better strikers lol

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Whatever happened to Ganso did he just turn out to be a bit poo poo?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I'm still expecting Fred to get dropped for Willian so Neymar can play as a striker, if he's not injured anyway

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Do Brazil have no better right backs?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

If Maxwell can play both wings that is why, but I agree about Filipe Luis. Neither Maicon or Alves is good enough anymore though, even if Maicon has realised his flaws unlike Alves

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Gigi Galli posted:

Yeah this might be more accurate.

Any Milan fan knows that Pato is wildly bad though

I thought he was good at Milan, just a cripple?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

They're not playing particularly well and kicking the poo poo out of other teams

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Thiago Silva gettin that pointless suspension is probably the reason they got cut to pieces so easily

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Fred's poo poo but its unfair to blame him for this imo

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Bobo the Red posted:

Fred has been poo poo even when we won though. He deserves it.

The defense deserve it for getting sliced apart so easily so often

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Smoke_Max posted:

Holy lmao, how did we ever make it to semifinals.

Refereeing decisions

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

joepinetree posted:

On other news, it is widely rumored that the next coach will be Tite (of Corinthians fame). Of course, with CBF, I doubt anything will change. There will still be spots set aside for players some agent wants to sell to Europe, and the team still will spend more time recording commercials than practicing.

This isn't unique to Brazil

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Skinty McEdger posted:

Sandro had a column in the Sun yesterday in which he pretty much sounded the everything is fine alarm. The result was a freak, and how could anyone be critical of Brazil when the same group of players dominated last year. Also David Luiz was the best player in the tournament and Germany don't play great football.

England players have more self awareness.

Zico was rather more scathing

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/jul/09/brazil-germany-zico

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

joepinetree posted:

Scolari officially out. Of course, changing just him won't fix anything. Saw data the other day that there are over 250 active players with at least one national team call up. There is and will continue to be zero long term planning and continuity, as the objective will still be to fool some European or Qatari team into spending a boatload of money on some "Brazil national team member."

250 lmao. Brazil are so hosed

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Dunga as the replacement lmao the CBF want to stick to the play ugly to win plan then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

El Hefe posted:

Worked for Spain

He'd have done great with this squad imo. His mistake last world cup was letting Melo anywhere near the team. Van Bommel and Melo on the pitch was only ever going to end one way

• Locked thread