Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
We're gonna get smashed by Germany so bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

VisAbsoluta posted:

Given our performance today I'm really scared of facing Uruguay next.

Between the two, Colombia is a better team, but I think we are more suited to play them instead of Uruguay, both tactically and psychologically.

Honestly, and this could come back to haunt me Friday, I think both Colombia and Uruguay are way easier adversaries than Chile actually was. Some people think Brazil just had a bad game, but it wasn't that, Brazil isn't that great of a squad and Chile's 3-4-3 is crafted to counter our playstyle. Uruguay is terrible - even worse now that Suarez is out - and Colombia is...okay, I guess, but not as strong as Chile by any means. Also, they are way lighter on marking and Brazil's strong suit is fast breakaways with Neymar.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

joepinetree posted:

Not saying that Brazil will beat Colombia, but Colombia's midfield is nothing like Chile's. Brazil's midfield problem is against teams that press and force Brazil to have to pass it around, which made Chile and Mexico really bad match ups. Colombia's midfield is undoubtedly more talented than Chile's, but they also are not at all about pressing and marking. Brazil will have a ton more space against Colombia than Chile.

Yeah, that's where I'm coming from too. Colombia might have more individual skill, but it's not as bad of a stylistic matchup as Chile and Mexico was. Especially Chile, I've been telling everyone I knew that match would be hard as hell for Brazil and there was a good chance we'd get knocked out right there. It's gonna be an easier game, but that doesn't guarantee Brazil a win because we're playing like poo poo anyway.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

VisAbsoluta posted:

No other players suspended, just him, and still I'm loving terrified because of that.

I completely forgot about that and my feelings about it can be summed up like this: gently caress.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Ka0 posted:

Brazil is poo poo. No, not in the apologetical "huhh well this is like, the worst Brazil squad in recent memory" I mean literally poo poo. Swansea city could take them on.

Man, you know what, I think 2010's squad was worse overall. It just had better coaching.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

El Hefe posted:

During Copa America 2007 Brazil was really bad too but even then they got to the final were they demolished Argentina who was up until that point playing really well and destroying all it's rivals.

It's a funny old game.

Man. that tournament was weird. I'm still remaining pessimistic about Brazil's chances because our hyped squads usually do worse, therefore it's my civic duty to say everyone and everything is poo poo.

Also, 2010's squad had Robinho and Luis Fabiano as strikers, gently caress that poo poo.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

VisAbsoluta posted:

Dias, out of curiosity, which club do you support?

I'm a Grêmio supporter because I hate myself.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

joepinetree posted:

You are about 20 years late.

Current U20 coach and former player:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexandre_Gallo

though it should be said that the animal only has one "l" in his name. Like the Atletico Mineiro mascot.

We also have a (not very successful) player called Élder Granja - granja can be translated as an aviary. So you're not really that off on that interpretation.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Gigi Galli posted:

He was quite good for a few years, then turned in to a little whiny baby, then broke completely for a whole season. PSG offered Milan 30 million for him right before he turned in a total crock and then we ended up selling him for 8 or something. Im still mad.

A lot of people blamed Milan's medical staff but it turns out that he's just not fit all the time now.

Man, when Pato started playing for Internacional, I thought we were watching the birth of a new Ronaldo. Then he started sucking more and more. I dunno how much of it was due to injuries (and Milan's medical staff is a bit iffy in that regard), but man did he fall off fast.

It's kinda a tendency with new Brazilian "stars", as someone pointed out. They just skip the "being awesome" phase and go straight to "being drunk and not caring". Neymar is the only one that survived it and just barely - I still think dude's overhyped.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Guys. Guys.

Dias posted:

We're gonna get smashed by Germany so bad.

Not even Poland fell this fast to a German offensive.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Holy poo poo I never seen a team play so poo poo in my entire life. And I dealt with a relegation, a 4-0 while relegated and overall a whole decade of Grêmio. I was expecting a 2-0 and some Neymar excuses, not...this. Holy poo poo.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Mickolution posted:

France did, though.

At least they offered some...résistance.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
É HEXA

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

corn in the fridge posted:

So has Scolari come out and said anything yet?

Well, yesterday he said it was his fault but he didn't do anything wrong tactics-wise, more of a "don't blame the players blame me but it wasn't really my fault". Trying to fall on his sword and have it, basically.

But really, it's everyone's fault. Felipão made an atrocious tactical mistake yesterday and wasn't really doing much better before that. Our defense fell apart because one player wasn't there - and really, as good as Thiago Silva is, that should never happen if you have good players and decent coaching. Our midfielders were making technical mistakes and losing possession before they could even make it to Germany's side of the pitch. The strikers - on the rare occasion they got to touch the ball - decided diving was more worthwhile than keeping control and creating opportunities, or even just making a run for it.

Then, outside the pitch, you have sports journalists and misinformed people - synonyms down here, really - claiming that this squad was good and had depth. Media outlets hyping up David Luiz of all people and blaming bad performances on psychological issues instead of poo poo football. CBF being CBF doesn't even rate anymore. And last but not least, this idiotic "Joga Bonito" philosophy that created a generation of overhyped youngsters trying to pose as big stars before they have any hardware on their shelves. We all hosed up.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Brazil's farewell to the World Cup: a performance deserving of a 10, if I do say so myself.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Maoist Pussy posted:

Can Luiz be prevented from making terrible decisions? Like, he could be really good if he were restricted to the defensive half of the pitch at all times.

A shock collar, perhaps?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Marcelo had a really good year at Madrid, mostly offensively but he wasn't a defensive liability at any point, Alves hasn't had a good year but he was considered the best fullback in the world for like half a decade, people expected him to step up. And Luiz? well, yeah anyone who's seen him play knows he's a huge joker but he played in the best defense in the premier league this past season, and many people think he's some sort of prodigy.

And let us not forget Silva who pretty much everyone thinks is the best center back in the world alongside Kompany.

Yes right now it's easy to say they're all a bunch of jokers but ahead of the tournament it looked like a very solid line-up.

Allow me to offer a counterpoint as someone that was naysaying this team from the beginning. Thiago Silva was legit and we all knew it, but Dani Alves has always been less-than-stellar for the national team (and I still think he's overhyped in Europe, much like Roberto Carlos before him), Marcelo is bad at defending and most people that watched football semi-regularly hated David Luiz at CB, and now are furious that his goofy personality is saving his rear end from a well-deserved lashing. We were weak defensively, something that was only mitigated by Luiz Gustavo doing a fine job as DM and Brazil playing a possession-based passing game against opponents that allowed it.

• Locked thread