Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

vyelkin posted:

If anything, this Brazil defence shows just how good Barcelona and Real Madrid are at compensating defensively for Alves and Marcelo bombing forward. Things like putting a defensive player in the other fullback slot, dropping a defensive midfielder back into the centre of defence and pushing the centre backs out wide, playing a defensive winger who drops back when they overlap, stuff like that. Because Marcelo and Alves don't look like defensive liabilities for their club sides. But put them in a Brazil team where they both bomb forward and leave Luis, Silva, and Gustavo alone at the back, and suddenly the whole defence falls apart.

I don't see where the criticism of Thiago Silva is coming from, to be honest. If it's of his leadership as captain then fine. But he's been by far their most solid defender, and if you were playing a David Luiz clone instead of him (and throw in a Paulinho clone for Gustavo while you're at it) Brazil would concede five goals every game.

NO LUCAS? NO PARTY.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Suqit posted:

This also haunts both the Japanese and South Korean teams.

This isn't you.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

joepinetree posted:

Brazilian media reporting that Felipao and Parreira will be asked back. How serious this is I don't know, but wow if it is.

What do you mean by "asked back"?

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Was Dunga forced to resign or was he just eager to move on to something else? I thought he did pretty well.

• Locked thread