Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Hernanes is good and I was mad as hell when he went to Inter. He's got Pirlo level long passing ability and he's faster.

Henrique is surprising but I bet he was picked because Scolari coached him at Palmeiras. He is decent, but I've only seen him play for like 5 games this season as he arrived in January and from that I can't say he's anything special. He wont be playing anyway, and I think Marquinhos or Miranda would have been a better choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

I was at a Brazil Portugal match a few months ago and all of the fans there were loud and fun and it was a good time.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Montasque posted:

The one at Gillette stadium?

The Brazil fans were rad. I remember some rear end in a top hat Portuguese dude kept screaming at them that his grandfather raped their grandmothers. I mean I love the banter zone and all but...

Yeah that one, and he was probably right, to be fair.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Hegay posted:

Looks like Brazil is fielding their best XI?

Some dude in goal; Alves - David Luiz - Thiago Silva - Marcelo; Gustavo - Paulinho - Oscar; Hulk - Fred - Neymar

loving hell that's a pathetic Brazil squad tbh

They got a hell of a lot less interesting once all their names got more boring.

No more Socrates, Jairzinho, Roberto Dinamite, etc

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

vyelkin posted:

Yep that's generally Scolari's first choice lineup. Interesting to see if they can even beat Serbia.

They did, 1-0.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Volkerball posted:

I still can't believe Pato sucks so bad he couldn't even get called up.

He's rapidly turned in to a classic washed up Brazilian striker, all he needs to do now is get hilariously fat.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

VisAbsoluta posted:

If anything, Luiz Gustavo is defending for basically a whole team.

On a side note, Thiago Silva has been a terrible captain so far and he is catching flack from pretty much everyone when it comes to that.

Isn't Luiz Gustavo out for the next match? Someone else is too if Im remembering right.

Cuadrado is going to absolutely wreck Marcelo, by the way.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

I was thinking about this earlier and I wanted to ask - do you think Scolari will replace Luis Gustavo with Hernanes while the former is suspended? I think that might actually work really well, he used to play the role in front of the defense at Lazio now and then and he was quite good at it, especially when he had a chance to distribute passes rather than just tackling.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Jose posted:

Like this squad has better strikers lol

This, Fred is maybe one of the worst South American strikers I've seen in the World Cup in years. Brazil deserves better.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Paulinho and Fernandinho looked better than Luis Gustavo imo. You guys think it'll be Dante or Henrique vs Germany in place of Thiago Silva?

Also loving Fred, lmao. It's like you're playing a man down every match.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

If Alves would stop trying to shoot every time he gets the ball he would be fine, imo. Unfortunately he wont.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

pik_d posted:

Who was it who injured him and is he out of the country yet?

lol it was Zuniga, who came close to snapping Hulk's knee too.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

VisAbsoluta posted:

He and Pato are two players that pretty much only europeans think are still good.

I don't know anyone that thinks Pato is any good any more.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

DickEmery posted:

I think it's more people finding it difficult to believe he's worse than Fred.
Or anyone's worse than Fred.

Yeah this might be more accurate.

Any Milan fan knows that Pato is wildly bad though

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Jose posted:

I thought he was good at Milan, just a cripple?

He was quite good for a few years, then turned in to a little whiny baby, then broke completely for a whole season. PSG offered Milan 30 million for him right before he turned in a total crock and then we ended up selling him for 8 or something. Im still mad.

A lot of people blamed Milan's medical staff but it turns out that he's just not fit all the time now.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Mans posted:

it's a shame because he was a very pretty man.

Hell, he was a good player too. I blame having sex with Barbara Berlusconi.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Dias posted:

Man, when Pato started playing for Internacional, I thought we were watching the birth of a new Ronaldo. Then he started sucking more and more. I dunno how much of it was due to injuries (and Milan's medical staff is a bit iffy in that regard), but man did he fall off fast.

It's kinda a tendency with new Brazilian "stars", as someone pointed out. They just skip the "being awesome" phase and go straight to "being drunk and not caring". Neymar is the only one that survived it and just barely - I still think dude's overhyped.

Neymar's still young enough to hit that phase.

And yeah, Im not absolving Milan's medical team at all, Im positive that they had something to do with it, but it wasn't entirely them.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Mans posted:

"Explicar o inexplicavél é muito complicado" Julio Cesar

He's talking and trying to hold his tears. A nearly 40 year old man brought to tears.

He was crying after the Chile match. This was his last world cup for sure, horrible way to go out.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Frankston posted:

Whatever happened to Pato? He was the next big thing and then he disappeared. I just checked his Wiki and he's still only 24.

2 good seasons with Milan, got injured, stayed injured, continued to be injured, PSG wanted to buy him for 30 million, Milan thought he would recover, never recovered, sent back to Brazil for 8 million, got fat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

T. silva, Luiz for some reason, and Neymar will play again. The others aren't big enough names or were exposed as total garbage.

• Locked thread