Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

bakow!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NIGGER DEATH TURBO
Jul 4, 2013

by Lowtax

you're really weird man

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

After you win your Train Simulator gift pack, will you go back to GBS?

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Mad Dragon posted:

After you win your Train Simulator gift pack, will you go back to GBS?

Actually it's a copy of bad rats.

NIGGER DEATH TURBO
Jul 4, 2013

by Lowtax

Whip Slagcheek posted:

better not be the one i gave u for christmas :mad:

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

friend of the family DEATH TURBO posted:

better not be the one i gave u for christmas :mad:

t:mad:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

-Troika- posted:

bakow!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_wEs9x7G3w

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Fuckin lollin at the ban reason, whip

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

At my aunt's funeral last year, I got to see firsthand what happens when you put devout mormons and southern superbaptists in a church together.

The one-upmanship was incredible to watch.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

So glad like 99% of my family are a bunch of godless savages

Whipped Buttcheeks
Jul 25, 2007
Chairborne Ranger

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Joke's on you, someone already gave me a copy.

(:negative:)

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Arishtat posted:

the sand storm that rendered us effectively blind for 24 hours.

3rd ID?

Arishtat
Jan 2, 2011

Dantu posted:

3rd ID?

Yup. I was in the 1st Brigade's reconnaissance troop / task force / RSTA squadron / insert cool sounding Army buzzword here.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

Arishtat posted:

Yup. I was in the 1st Brigade's reconnaissance troop / task force / RSTA squadron / insert cool sounding Army buzzword here.

Cool, 2BCT here.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

cult_hero posted:

The Mormons at Great Lakes RTC always had a smorgasbord of home made baked goods every Sunday.

Plenty of atheists in foxholes these days, but if you're one in basic you're just screwing yourself.

Eh, those of us who didn't go to church on Sunday were allowed to do whatever pretty much all Sunday until everyone was back from church, to include sleeping so long as we weren't on our beds.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

DoktorLoken posted:

Eh, those of us who didn't go to church on Sunday were allowed to do whatever pretty much all Sunday until everyone was back from church, to include sleeping so long as we weren't on our beds.

That's exactly what I did. We also got to take extra long showers while people were at church.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

DoktorLoken posted:

We weren't really allowed to sleep, so some of us would get under our racks, prop an arm up under the frame, and tighten our sheets for a half hour or so. :v:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Bolow posted:

So glad like 99% of my family are a bunch of godless savages

Arishtat
Jan 2, 2011

Mad Dragon posted:

We weren't really allowed to sleep, so some of us would get under our racks, prop an arm up under the frame, and tighten our sheets for a half hour or so. :v:

The name of the game was to get organized and post a watch at the end of the hall nearest the stairs or the drill sergeants' office. That was necessary until later in our training cycle when the drills pretty much openly acknowledged that nothing was planned and that as long as we didn't cause them problems they were perfectly happy to chill in the office with the radio up and we could read / talk / gently caress off until formation for dinner or whatever.

hypnophant
Oct 19, 2012
I'm at DLI and there are goddamn tons of Mormons here

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Should've loving killed all the Mormons when we had the chance back in the 1800's

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

Bolow posted:

Should've loving killed all the Mormons when we had the chance back in the 1800's

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

hypnophant posted:

I'm at DLI and there are goddamn tons of Mormons here

still?

holy poo poo

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

The Utah ARNG has a poo poo ton of linguists which probably explains that: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/300th_Military_Intelligence_Brigade_(United_States)

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

DoktorLoken posted:

The Utah ARNG has a poo poo ton of linguists which probably explains that: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/300th_Military_Intelligence_Brigade_(United_States)

what better way to prepare people for missions

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
In boot camp there was a christian rock band or something one night at the chapel. The DIs asked for a volunteer to watch the squad bay while the platoon was rockin' out to jesus. Some kid raises his hand and is like "this recruit is an atheist" and I thought LOL idiot way to be different.

So the rock band is like 3 old dirty desert hippies and they sing songs about jesus. Between songs about jesus they take time to talk about jesus.

The weird thing is that every recruit in the company is on their feet, arms in the air, weeping with joy and SINGING ALONG BECAUSE THEY KNOW THE WORDS THEY KNOW THE loving WORDS TO EVERY SONG.

That's when I knew I was a true warrior. These other pussies were working with a net.

Victor Vermis
MIGHTY MIKE 3264

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

ARE GAWD IS AN AWESOME GAWD

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
The guy in my division who was far and away the best technician and a flawless operator got out of the Navy, took a vow of silence and became a no poo poo monk. I had no idea people still could do that.

He was a little small and dark and basically looked at as a tasty snack by all the aggressive gays on board so that may have influenced his thinking.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Victor Vermis posted:

In boot camp there was a christian rock band or something one night at the chapel. The DIs asked for a volunteer to watch the squad bay while the platoon was rockin' out to jesus. Some kid raises his hand and is like "this recruit is an atheist" and I thought LOL idiot way to be different.

So the rock band is like 3 old dirty desert hippies and they sing songs about jesus. Between songs about jesus they take time to talk about jesus.

The weird thing is that every recruit in the company is on their feet, arms in the air, weeping with joy and SINGING ALONG BECAUSE THEY KNOW THE WORDS THEY KNOW THE loving WORDS TO EVERY SONG.

That's when I knew I was a true warrior. These other pussies were working with a net.

Victor Vermis
MIGHTY MIKE 3264

I genuinely loving LOL'd at this.

Spaceguns
Aug 28, 2007

Dantu posted:

Cool, 2BCT here.

How many 2003 Cock of the Marne members do we have in here?

2nd Brigade here.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

2004, but I was attached to 3rd Brigade in Iraq.

Spaceguns
Aug 28, 2007

PLANES CURE TOWERS posted:

2004, but I was attached to 3rd Brigade in Iraq.

An endless sea of broken television combat patches.

new friend from school
May 19, 2008

by Azathoth

Obama Africanus posted:

I genuinely loving LOL'd at this.

same

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

Spaceguns posted:

How many 2003 Cock of the Marne members do we have in here?

2nd Brigade here.

No poo poo. I was 3-15 at first but then got assigned to the company task org'd to 1-64.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I had a Mormon wing commander once. He was a 1-star at the time.

krispykremessuck posted:

what better way to prepare people for missions

Most of them are actually returned missionaries, so yeah.

Best thing about Mormons is funeral potatoes.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Jun 3, 2014

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Godholio posted:

I had a Mormon wing commander once. He was a 1-star at the time.

Most of them are actually returned missionaries, so yeah.

Best thing about Mormons is funeral potatoes.

Mormons are pretty rare up here, so what are these funeral potatoes I keep hearing about?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
A casserole that seems to be made of potatoes, corn flakes, and heroin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
During our first week of SOI the entire company of students assembled *voluntarily* to listen to some crusty old 1st Sgt sell a book he wrote. The title of the book was something like Jesus for Marines or Foxhole Faith for Marines.

What struck me about this incident was that, unlike boot camp, nobody seemed into it this time. 1st Sgt is equating homosexuals with pedophiles and pigfuckers, pepping us up for holy war, and warning us not to trust any atheists that might've slipped through the cracks at MEPs... but afterwards everybody was all mmmkay 1st Sar'nt.

A few days later, a sickly looking hispanic student threatened to kill me when I called him a human being for cutting in line. We were waiting to buy SOI challenge coins. I purchased two of them. For the majority of us, this was the last time we ever gave a poo poo about challenge coins. That was shower-shoe logic: god is dead, but at the other end of this thing I'll have a bitchin' challenge coin collection.

What that human being line-cutter, that crusty old 1st Sgt, and I didn't realize is that the world is lousy with challenge coins and gods. Those who carry both are of little use to the infantryman: chaplains, DoD civilians, "war"/"combat" "veterans", that guy from your bootdrop litter who has a breakdown between 1st and 2nd deployments and isn't allowed to draw a rifle anymore, military history enthusiasts, pogs, boots, boot-rear end-pogs, grandpas great and sergeants major.

This truth is not given as an enabling learning objective at SOI, but all true warriors come to know it thusly; between the first and second syllables of "fire", a whisper: "Their coin is given for your submission. Their god is given for your soul."

Victor Vermis
Deadly Delta

• Locked thread