Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
http://youtu.be/UGGVy4RkUs0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
Cash rules everything around me.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

powerful weedlock posted:

Does anybody actually go to the churches on base?? Poor chaplains probably just take a nap in there on Saturdays.

I was only ever at one USAF base with a rabbi, and I took full advantage of that and got real close with our tiny base Jewish family. Even went full on orthodox for a while (that's like Sunni Kikedom) and was really keeping the faith.

Then I retired.

Sooooo.. No. Those chapels tend to be awfully goddamned empty.

Probably why we lost the wars.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Victor Vermis posted:

In boot camp there was a christian rock band or something one night at the chapel. The DIs asked for a volunteer to watch the squad bay while the platoon was rockin' out to jesus. Some kid raises his hand and is like "this recruit is an atheist" and I thought LOL idiot way to be different.

So the rock band is like 3 old dirty desert hippies and they sing songs about jesus. Between songs about jesus they take time to talk about jesus.

The weird thing is that every recruit in the company is on their feet, arms in the air, weeping with joy and SINGING ALONG BECAUSE THEY KNOW THE WORDS THEY KNOW THE loving WORDS TO EVERY SONG.

That's when I knew I was a true warrior. These other pussies were working with a net.

Victor Vermis
MIGHTY MIKE 3264

I genuinely loving LOL'd at this.

• Locked thread