Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
Looks like we'll have 60-64 teams. If you wanted to ensure all promotions you could go CL format 88/88/7777 :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
CL format is loving bad for an ongoing league can people please stop suggesting it. It's a final season thing if anything, even using it for season 1 of this league was a mistake in hindsight.

blueyedevil
Apr 17, 2014
edit: sent an invitation (under my SA username)

blueyedevil fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Jun 4, 2014

ChrisXP
Nov 25, 2004

"In football, time and space are the same thing."
Not long before the season starts, so get applying if you haven't already, lurkers!

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Just an update- I'm gonna have the first game be Monday. I'll flip the switch late tomorrow.

You'll have time for tactics. Thanks again for the patience!

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007
IF I REPORT SOMETHING, BAN ME.

Dragongem posted:

Just an update- I'm gonna have the first game be Monday. I'll flip the switch late tomorrow.

Don't worry! I've spent the last month figuring out the tactics for this next game

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Dragongem posted:

Impeach Dragongem.

PTizzle
Oct 1, 2008
Always forget this one - since the season hasn't actually started with fixtures etc, does form get reset or am I good to train people now?

Will actually have to try to have a proper crack this season, MMFC have had a lot of absentee manageritis the last couple of seasons but I've grabbed a bunch of young blokes and am ready for the rebuild.

Baby Cakes
Nov 3, 2005

I AM BECOME DEATH

PTizzle posted:

Always forget this one - since the season hasn't actually started with fixtures etc, does form get reset or am I good to train people now?

You should always form train when there's <5 days till the transfer market opens regardless of when the season starts. Current form will remain the same once the season begins. DV will reset to "normal" but it's unclear whether DV gains from friendlies between seasons sticks. Form does, though, and we all know higher average form makes it easier to maintain a high DV.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

:argh: Revenge will be mine!

uhm :D

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Okay, so maybe not now. Revenge will be mine some other time! :D

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Okay, so maybe not now. Revenge will be mine some other time! :D

Mine also!

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Season is up! Hopefully nobody got shafted on promotions.

2 month long season. Mondays Thursday, 9 per divison, 3/6 relegations from top flight and middle, 6/3 promotions from lowest and middle to middle and top.

Good luck everyone!

Unfortunately one division gets 8 so they get more byes. Sorry!

Edit: 7/17 is when I can choke my season away to Hardflip :smith:

Dragongem fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Jun 6, 2014

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
Ah, good old Retu D. It's like home, at this point.

Can't wait to leave it.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

I saw your post and went to reply to also celebrate Retu D but found I'm somehow in Retu A. Do you get promoted for being in the top 3 now in your div or did the Retu's get shuffled?

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

Starting the season away against Hardflip, thanks Dragongem!

NoArmedMan
Apr 1, 2003

VelociBacon posted:

I saw your post and went to reply to also celebrate Retu D but found I'm somehow in Retu A. Do you get promoted for being in the top 3 now in your div or did the Retu's get shuffled?

Tiers always get shuffled

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Tiers always get shuffled.

Promotion should be:

Serie Goon: None, duh
Serious Business: 2 winners of division, highest points from 2nd place finisher
Retu Nagele: 4 winners of division, two highest points from 2nd place finishers

ChrisXP
Nov 25, 2004

"In football, time and space are the same thing."
First season in Serie Goon, and I've gotta do better than 3 teams to stay up?!?

Hahahahahah.Keep SBB warm for me boys

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Blue Shift is keeping things realistic, I'm expecting a relegation fight, a mid-table finish would be a success for me. :ohdear:

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

Here's how we're looking at the start of the season for those who don't have VIP:

Squad Value

Strongest Teams / Weakest Teams

Best Coach (based on tactics and ??????)

Richest Teams / Poorest Teams

Best Average Match Rating (the most important statistic)

Looks like there are a lot of Serie Goon teams who are nearly broke (how do you guys afford form training and win bonuses??). Good luck to those of you who show up on both the weakest teams and the poorest teams lists. For reference, my team Disgruntled Alcoholics is sitting on 18.5 million. (I'm saving up for something special ;))

bees everywhere fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Jun 6, 2014

The Sweet Hereafter
Jan 11, 2010

bees everywhere posted:

Best Coach (based on tactics and ??????)

Just generally being awesome, I assume.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

bees everywhere posted:

Best Average Match Rating (the most important statistic)

Well let's play a game of 'spot the injustice' here shall we :colbert:

The Sweet Hereafter
Jan 11, 2010

Vando posted:

You cost me the title, I see no injustice here :colbert: Though I notice we're in different leagues this year, which is a shame. I was looking forward to the challenge. I also seem to have yet again missed out on a competitive rematch against General de Gaulle. One day, mon petit ami. One day...

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Hardflip, you are really lucky we're playing later in the season at my place because if I lose AGAIN at home I will probably soap you for the entire rest of the season

Hardflip
Jul 21, 2007

bees everywhere posted:

Looks like there are a lot of Serie Goon teams who are nearly broke (how do you guys afford form training and win bonuses??

that's exactly why i'm broke every week

spend everything but 200-100k on training, use that other money for win bonuses

Dragongem posted:

Hardflip, you are really lucky we're playing later in the season at my place because if I lose AGAIN at home I will probably soap you for the entire rest of the season

bad loser

Walamor
Dec 31, 2006

Fork 'em Devils!

Hardflip posted:

that's exactly why i'm broke every week

spend everything but 200-100k on training, use that other money for win bonuses

This. I try to keep around 1.5 million for emergencies (read: 2-3 losses in a row, tanking form, needing mass training), but normal training, 300k into youth, and win bonuses take the vast majority of my weekly money.

The fact that there's a lot of Serie Goon teams who have low money should probably be telling people something!

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Walamor posted:

This. I try to keep around 1.5 million for emergencies (read: 2-3 losses in a row, tanking form, needing mass training), but normal training, 300k into youth, and win bonuses take the vast majority of my weekly money.

The fact that there's a lot of Serie Goon teams who have low money should probably be telling people something!

I almost always have under 500k in the bank. After losing the cup this past season and realizing that promotion was a long shot and relied on other people failing, I cut back on training and win bonuses and sold two players. Before hitting two team-wide training sessions I was at 8m buxxxxx, most the team has ever had at one time. Not even picking up players -- it is entirely for win bonuses and training in excess of the sponsor money every week. You should always be training players who slide under 15 form (if not higher) and setting a 50k win bonus. Money in the bank does you no good folks!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I had the youth team give me a fancy-pants 17 year old right at the end of the season (something like 17/4 Free kick, Cool) and I had no chance of getting him a decent DV, so I flogged him for about 8m. Suddenly all my money worries have gone away for a bit.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Hardflip posted:

bad loser

it's only out of love!

(you know I won't actually do it)

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

At least this way my kill will have some use
Dinosaur Gum

goatface posted:

I had the youth team give me a fancy-pants 17 year old right at the end of the season (something like 17/4 Free kick, Cool) and I had no chance of getting him a decent DV, so I flogged him for about 8m. Suddenly all my money worries have gone away for a bit.

It's funny I had almost the same thing happen.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Set your bets, set your tactics, it's game time. Good luck!

shep
Aug 31, 2003

I am sad because I am stuck with no bacon in the middle of the ocean.

Vando posted:

Yes, we shall :colbert:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Well, managed to take a single point away against one of the toughest looking teams in Srs.BizA, so I guess I'm off to a decent start. :v:

Baby Cakes
Nov 3, 2005

I AM BECOME DEATH
Cool: Game 1, minute 3, my newly purchased star forward gets injured

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Not my fault. I was playing normal and didn't even field my hooligan. :shobon:

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

bored before I even began
Fffffff

Went to Legoland and forgot to set tactics.

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007
IF I REPORT SOMETHING, BAN ME.

shoplifter posted:

Fffffff

Went to Legoland and forgot to set tactics.

Whatever I planned my tactics for a month and still got crushed

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Hooray for bye weeks.

Also man, Serie goon was tight. Hardflip lost at home and everyone else drew. Jeesh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Walamor
Dec 31, 2006

Fork 'em Devils!

Baby Cakes posted:

Cool: Game 1, minute 3, my newly purchased star forward gets injured

Right there with you, minute 3 one of my veteran MFs get injured. WTF?

• Locked thread