Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

NXT Takeover will take place on May 29, 2014 at 8PM EST with a pre-show starting at 7:30PM; with five matches scheduled so far.

Recaps via Bleacher Report (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-more-for-event)

-Adrian Neville (c) vs. Tyson Kidd for the NXT Championship

quote:

Current champion Adrian Neville will be defending his title against the current No. 1 contender, Tyson Kidd.

Kidd has been hyping this match on Twitter recently, calling it a new start and a second chance for him to show the WWE Universe what he is capable of.

Kidd and Neville will deliver a great performance without question. Kidd is known to be one of WWE's most underrated talents, while Neville is a rising star in the company. This will be very fun to watch.

-Charlotte (with Ric Flair) vs. Natalya (with Bret Hart) for the vacant NXT Women's Championship

quote:

Kidd is not the only Hart Dynasty member receiving a title shot at NXT Takeover. Charlotte and Natalya will be facing off the tournament finals to crown a new NXT Divas champion.

The two second-generation Divas will be accompanied to the ring by their legendary family members Ric Flair and Bret Hart.

Charlotte is really becoming a force to be reckoned with in NXT, while Natalya is already considered one of the most technically gifted Divas in the company.

Considering this is a bigger NXT event than the usual pre-taped show, these two women will be looking to impress everyone watching and prove that the women in the company can be just as good as the men.

-Sami Zayn vs. Tyler Breeze to determine the number one contender to the NXT Championship

quote:

The No. 1-contenders match for the NXT title will see the egotistical, selfie-obsessed Tyler Breeze taking on the highly talented Sami Zayn.

This is one of the matches that could very well steal the show. Breeze is a talented competitor with a lot to offer and Zayn is a technically gifted performer who can do almost anything he wants inside that ring.

We will probably see a few exciting spots during this match, but seeing who comes away with a future title shot is what people will really be watching for.

-The Ascension (Konnor and Viktor) (c) vs. El Local and Kalisto for the NXT Tag Team Championship

quote:

The NXT champions will also be in action when The Ascension defend their titles against the team of Kalisto and El Local, who is better known to WWE fans as Ricardo Rodriguez.

With the Ascension being a hot act in NXT and both Kalisto and El Local being veterans of the business, this could also be a match that steals the show.OP's note: Nope.

-Adam Rose vs. Camacho to determine who throws the best parties in NXT

quote:

Adam Rose will be taking on Camacho in singles action. WWE audiences have only had a chance to actually see Rose wrestle on NXT, so if you haven't watched him before, this is your chance to see what he can offer.

Rose is currently in the midst of a debut push with WWE, while Camacho has been relegated to NXT since Hunico was put under the Sin Cara mask. The outcomes of this match seems pretty obvious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Is it just me or is the logo placement in the women's match extremely unflattering to Charlotte?

Also, juxtaposed like that, Adam Rose vs Camacho looks like "The Shield does wayyyyyy too much MDMA"

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Yep when I think "veteran of this business" I think of El Local

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

For people outside of the US, how many hours until this show starts, and is it only two hours?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cjKOoEP6QI

Sami has a new theme.

It loving rules and is going to be so over so quickly.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

For people outside of the US, how many hours until this show starts, and is it only two hours?

5 hours until preshow.

I hope this event will be as good as Payback (it won't be).

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Sami has a new theme.

This sounds like menu music for an indie game

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

I like the new theme, but still think Lower The Boom was better.

Although not to Adam Rose levels of BRING BACK HIS OLD THEME :bahgawd:

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Sami has a new theme.

I like it. Sounds like it was ripped from a Canadian beer commercial or something. I guess it's also the first (vague) ska theme since the early days of Brian Kendrick. I guess if they don't want to simply dish out the licensing money for The Bouncing Souls, this will do nicely.

Now just wait until they change it in a week. :v:

Delsaber fucked around with this message at 19:45 on May 29, 2014

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

That theme kinda sucks. Liked his other one much more.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

Sami has a new theme.

Maybe someone should tell CFO$ that they should start using real loving instruments instead of having everything but guitars be lovely synths because it makes the entrance themes sound really amateurish.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Suben posted:

Maybe someone should tell CFO$ that they should start using real loving instruments instead of having everything but guitars be lovely synths because it makes the entrance themes sound really amateurish.

Yeah. Like, I love a lot of their work compositionally speaking, but loving hell.

Also the other theme was much better, but also didn't really fit. If they did this theme, but had actual words to it and had an actual ska band performing it I feel like it could be pretty great.

Also I've really fallen off NXT for several months, and feel like I haven't missed anything. Kidd doesn't feel like a threat to Neville's title (they need a top heel, gently caress) and if Breeze/Neville is the next title program I will continue giving zero fucks. Sami should be their guy down there right now. The iron was hottest with him/Bo for the title, and that ship sailed, only for Neville to win the title just because.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Also I've really fallen off NXT for several months, and feel like I haven't missed anything.

Yeah I'm in the same boat. I watched the last big NXT special, enjoyed it, then tried to watch the next few shows but lost interest. I hope the news on recent signings are true, cause NXT really needs a shot in the arm in my opinion.

Going to give this show tonight a shot though! It'll be nice to see Tyson get a chance to show off, if nothing else.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

triplexpac posted:

Yeah I'm in the same boat. I watched the last big NXT special, enjoyed it, then tried to watch the next few shows but lost interest. I hope the news on recent signings are true, cause NXT really needs a shot in the arm in my opinion.

Going to give this show tonight a shot though! It'll be nice to see Tyson get a chance to show off, if nothing else.

Me too. I need it to be rad. :(

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005
It is strange that they don't pair Natalya with her dad. If they want equal name draws, put Arn with Flair and have Jim & Bret.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I like Zayns new theme a lot. Mainly because it has an actual melody. I can't even tell you what his other theme sounded like.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

Rusty Shackelford posted:

It is strange that they don't pair Natalya with her dad. If they want equal name draws, put Arn with Flair and have Jim & Bret.

Anvil's not gonna show up unless you've got pills, brother.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Which episodes/matches/segments of NXT between arrival and now do I need to watch to catch up? I'm another who gave up after 3 or so weeks of nothing matches after arrival

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Episodes after Arrival were pretty bad. I can't remember anything interesting happening. I would just watch the episodes from this month.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

Blasmeister posted:

Which episodes/matches/segments of NXT between arrival and now do I need to watch to catch up? I'm another who gave up after 3 or so weeks of nothing matches after arrival

The Zayn/Breeze/Kidd triple threat from 5/15 is probably the only thing relevant to Takeover you should catch up on.

watching The House That Bo Dallas Built crumble around him is also pretty good, his match with Big E last week was good, and his YOU PEOPLE promo on Full Sail was fun to see him stop Bolieving in them.

Camacho vs Captain Comic (a Rosebud) from 5/8 was better than it had any right to be, and that episode had the Battle Royal in it if you are into those, RIP Dannah Burch :( (also Oliver Gray and Mason Ryan)

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I don't know why they didn't do the Bo vs. Big match one week later on this show. It would have made the card a lot stronger.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Also is Enzo any closer to returning? NXT is so much worse off without him and BIG CASS

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Blasmeister posted:

Also is Enzo any closer to returning? NXT is so much worse off without him and BIG CASS

Close enough that there's a realistic possibility you see him tonight

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Blasmeister posted:

He and Cass have a shirt on the way so if he's not ready yet he probably will be soon, or he'll at least be returning in his sweet leopard print wheelchair for a while.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

beggar posted:

The Zayn/Breeze/Kidd triple threat from 5/15 is probably the only thing relevant to Takeover you should catch up on.

watching The House That Bo Dallas Built crumble around him is also pretty good, his match with Big E last week was good, and his YOU PEOPLE promo on Full Sail was fun to see him stop Bolieving in them.

Camacho vs Captain Comic (a Rosebud) from 5/8 was better than it had any right to be, and that episode had the Battle Royal in it if you are into those, RIP Dannah Burch :( (also Oliver Gray and Mason Ryan)

Thanks, watched the triple threat and it was very good (highlight: 'All 3 guys!' chant, lowlight: Yoshi chants (?!) & Zayn crotching himself by accident)

Any idea of when the Bo promo stuff was?

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Bo's promo was last week 5-22

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Suben posted:

It makes it kind of sound like an Atom and his Package song, which is a thing I never thought I would say about wrestling entrance music.

Fair to Midland
Jan 13, 2010

by Cowcaster
Hopefully Mojo's family got non-hard cam seats this time.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Jeopardy or pre-show?

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.
Since Mojo's not on the card I bet they're not even there.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Turn on the Network, see the M.O.M. debut video. This night might just turn around after all :unsmith:

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
#sawft

bartok
May 10, 2006

Christian lives!!!

Fair to Midland
Jan 13, 2010

by Cowcaster

Vertigo Ambrosia posted:

Since Mojo's not on the card I bet they're not even there.

I don't remember him being advertised for Arrival either, so I'm expecting some rear end-offense to be a cooldown match. Especially now that he has merch.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

I wonder if Christian knows about Heyman's good news?

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.
A new Paul Heyman guy?? :Swoon;

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Paul Heyman loving rules.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Neat gimmick but is Tyler Breeze any good?

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

bartok posted:

Neat gimmick but is Tyler Breeze any good?

Breeze is gorgeous

Also yes he's good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Who do you think the new Paul Heyman guy will be?

• Locked thread