Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
this is an awful angle

i cannot take it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Michael Cole is a piece of poo poo.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Heyman saves everything.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Cole is right about Tyson looking like a total goon on Total Divas. Of course Natty manages to look worse.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Fauxhawk Express posted:

I'm legit pretty hype for this show. Much, much more than Payback.

I don't even like regular NXT episodes and I'm more hyped for this than Payback. At least most of the card's new to me.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Nattie's new gimmick is being unbearable right?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Are they trying to start up some angle for when Tyson loses?

Ahaha Heyman

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Natalya should lose by distraction when the tron cuts to a live feed of their house where Ariane is partying with Vincent.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
thanks, Paul

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

triplexpac posted:

Nattie's new gimmick is being unbearable right?

New?

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Tyson Kidd looks like he should be home playing Call of Duty or something.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Aha Cole is awesome, this just makes me hate Vince more for shouting poo poo into his ears.

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.
I like how the storyline has suddenly turned into "Is Tyson Kidd completely emasculated?"

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Paul owns so much

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
It's so weird that Michael Cole is now the interview authority. The one that brings gravitas and seriousness to the table. That used to be JR and the transition is very jarring, especially after a year and a half of awful heel Michael Cole.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Vertigo Ambrosia posted:

Me too; I'm so much more invested in NXT than anything on the main shows right now.

It's kind of silly to hear Natalya talk like the NXT championship means a lot to her though.

I actually haven't given a gently caress about NXT since Arrival and like at least one angle on the main shows (Shield/Evolution). NXT has no credible singles heels and it really makes me not care much.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Atticus Finch posted:

It's so weird that Michael Cole is now the interview authority. The one that brings gravitas and seriousness to the table. That used to be JR and the transition is very jarring, especially after a year and a half of awful heel Michael Cole.

Heel Cole wound up being a pretty savvy move. It's like when they rolled out New Coke, then went back to Coca-Cola Classic and it seemed great and refreshing even though it was the same poo poo as before.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I actually haven't given a gently caress about NXT since Arrival and like at least one angle on the main shows (Shield/Evolution). NXT has no credible singles heels and it really makes me not care much.

I hope they bring in Kevin Steen as a big heel presence. Maybe Devitt? Not sure people would buy Devitt in the role but we'll see.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
christian alignment status: face

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

They keep getting turned face by all these SMARKS :argh:

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Have they ever showed the bus pull up to Raw like this? I feel like it's a good gimmick bit.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Sounds like Kidd is gonna be the next Paul Heyman Guy.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

DarkstarIV posted:

christian alignment status: blue dot

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

Eltoasto posted:

Are they trying to start up some angle for when Tyson loses?

Ahaha Heyman

It started last week where it seemed pretty obvious that they're prepping him for a heel turn. There was also a bit in the Observer this week, though, saying they're thinking of putting him under a mask because while he's a very good wrestler they feel that "Tyson Kidd" has been kind of damaged and will never be seen as anything other than a prelim guy.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

ahahahahaha Christian

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Fauxhawk Express posted:

Wouldn't be surprised for them to SWERVE and make it Neville or something silly. If Heyman would do the NXT tapings, it would give Neville a mouthpiece that he sorely needs.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Fauxhawk Express posted:

I don't think Tyson's that lucky. :smith:

bartok
May 10, 2006

DarkstarIV posted:

christian alignment status: face

Preshow isn't kayfabe

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

There was a dark period after arrival but i definitely think it's gotten back to what's made it fun in the first place, and the credible heel problem extends far beyond NXT.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
"I wish I was in that bus!"

"I also wish you were in that bus, instead of here."

Heyman is so good.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

triplexpac posted:

I hope they bring in Kevin Steen as a big heel presence. Maybe Devitt? Not sure people would buy Devitt in the role but we'll see.

I actually won't mind if they keep Zayn down in NXT for a while if Steen's coming simply because he and Steen have such amazing chemistry it'd be almost impossible for even WWE creative to gently caress up a tag team or feud with them.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Suben posted:

It started last week where it seemed pretty obvious that they're prepping him for a heel turn. There was also a bit in the Observer this week, though, saying they're thinking of putting him under a mask because while he's a very good wrestler they feel that "Tyson Kidd" has been kind of damaged and will never be seen as anything other than a prelim guy.

They're right. It's a shame they only worked this out after they made Hunico the new Sin Cara

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Chinston Wurchill posted:

I don't think Tyson's that lucky. :smith:

He's the new curtis axel

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Blasmeister posted:

They're right. It's a shame they only worked this out after they made Hunico the new Sin Cara

I'd love for the new Sin Cara to be a Canadian

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Suben posted:

Something tells me they won't be reaching into the Hart family's past for ideas there.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Camacho is clearly the next Heyman guy.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

triplexpac posted:

I'd love for the new Sin Cara to be a Canadian

Worked for Sami Zayn :v:

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it