Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
Tyson just blew off Natty. :stonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

:laffo: "HIS CLIENT, BROCK LESNAR"

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Fair to Midland posted:

You really don't think Neville/Breeze will be good? I think any NXT fan is excited to see them rock the house down.

I think the matches will be balls awesome. Problem is it's the top program, and involves a guy who essentially has a comedy gimmick, and I don't think that's particularly exciting. Like I said, it worked with Bo because of just how nuclear his heat was. People wanted to see him lose. Breeze is in that weird "sort-of-cheered heel" territory that every non-Bo Dallas NXT heel has had, which is a problem. They need either a legit top singles heel, or a face/face program hot enough that it wouldn't matter (i.e. what Zayn/Neville would've been).

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

HM: Heyman vs. Everyone, NXT Takeover Fallout 5/29

Pistol Packin Poet
Nov 5, 2012

Everyone needs an
escape goat!
oh poo poo please please please put heyman on all these postshows

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

GODDAMN :stare:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
God :drat: Paul

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Paul Heyman should be on every TV show in the history of TV.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Paul Heyman jfv

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

What just happened I stepped away to do housework :suspense:

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

fart blood posted:

Paul Heyman should be on every TV show in the history of TV.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Can Heyman please do every wrestling thing ever.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Chokes McGee posted:

"Do you have to be neutered before or after you marry into the Hart family?"

Pistol Packin Poet
Nov 5, 2012

Everyone needs an
escape goat!

Chokes McGee posted:

just loving owned tyson kidd and the hart foundation

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Chokes McGee posted:

"When you want to marry into the Hart family do you have to get neutered before or after the wedding?" - Heyman, To Nattie

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
Paul Heyman is a loving god. :allears:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Shima Honnou posted:

"Do you have to be neutered before or after you marry into the Hart family?"

:holymoley:

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

So, can we just have Paul Heyman on all of these panels?

Pistol Packin Poet
Nov 5, 2012

Everyone needs an
escape goat!
hahaha renee's reaction to breeze on the table.

Fair to Midland
Jan 13, 2010

by Cowcaster

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I think the matches will be balls awesome. Problem is it's the top program, and involves a guy who essentially has a comedy gimmick, and I don't think that's particularly exciting. Like I said, it worked with Bo because of just how nuclear his heat was. People wanted to see him lose. Breeze is in that weird "sort-of-cheered heel" territory that every non-Bo Dallas NXT heel has had, which is a problem. They need either a legit top singles heel, or a face/face program hot enough that it wouldn't matter (i.e. what Zayn/Neville would've been).

This isn't a real federation though. We're lucky enough to see their development system. Why do you think they need a hot feud, since ratings don't matter? Zayn is already for prime time, he doesn't need the training at the top like Breeze and Neville do.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
The last two and a half hours have been the most consistently entertaining two and a half hours WWE has produced this year.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Delsaber posted:

So, can we just have Paul Heyman on all of these panels?

Paul Heyman and Paul Heyman on commentary, with Paul Heyman interviewing people in the back. Special guest commentator Brrrrrrrock Lezzzzzzzzzznar for big shows.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Breeze has a personal stylist :allears:

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Pistol Packin Poet posted:

hahaha paul's reaction to breeze on the table.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
I wish they would do the Raw/Smackdown pre/post show outside the arena like this. It gives the whole thing a different feel.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Are the after shows usually this good or is it just Heyman being Heyman? This is the first one I've watched.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Chokes McGee posted:

Paul Heyman and Paul Heyman on commentary, with Paul Heyman interviewing people in the back. Special guest commentator Brrrrrrrock Lezzzzzzzzzznar for big shows.

But seriously, my dream team is Heyman/Young/Regal.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

TheJoker138 posted:

But seriously, my dream team is Heyman/Young/Regal.

Doing Raw and Smackdown, yes please.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Fair to Midland posted:

This isn't a real federation though. We're lucky enough to see their development system. Why do you think they need a hot feud, since ratings don't matter? Zayn is already for prime time, he doesn't need the training at the top like Breeze and Neville do.

Ratings don't matter but Network subs really really do, so all the exclusives on the Network, including NXT (the show not develompental in general), should be purpose-built for driving people to the network.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Dango Bango posted:

Are the after shows usually this good or is it just Heyman being Heyman? This is the first one I've watched.

Nash on the preshow for the last NXT event was pretty good as well.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Dango Bango posted:

Not usually this good, but this was so good it should have been part of the main broadcast, goddamn.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Dexo posted:

Doing Raw and Smackdown, yes please.

Well yeah, of course. Or at least Raw and PPVs.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
This is the first time I have ever seen Tyler Breeze but I am a mark!

DFu4ever
Oct 4, 2002

Man, once Natalya showed up Heyman went into pure awesome mode. I liked his "Sure, the Harts played fair, but the Flair walked away with the gold" line (or something along those lines).

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Ribsauce posted:

This is the first time I have ever seen Tyler Breeze but I am a mark!

He's good and cool but I miss his old theme.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The NXT Pre and Post shows have been good because they actually feel like Pre and Post shows should feel. And the people doing them take them seriously. The ones before and after Raw and Smackdown are just by the numbers and bland most of the time.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

Dango Bango posted:

The Extreme Rules interviews were good. Wyatt Family tearing up the set, Big E doing an old school 30's boxer style promo and Cesaro and Heyman heeling it up.

Fair to Midland
Jan 13, 2010

by Cowcaster

flashy_mcflash posted:

Ratings don't matter but Network subs really really do, so all the exclusives on the Network, including NXT (the show not develompental in general), should be purpose-built for driving people to the network.

And I hope it's working. I'm defending the Breeze win because he needs the experience. Zayn will be a superstar whether he wins the NXT title or not.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

flashy_mcflash posted:

and they sell tickets to attend tapings and house shows. NXT isn't this thing existing in a vacuum WWE has honored us with the privilege of seeing it is a show they want people to watch and care about

Deadpool posted:

The NXT Pre and Post shows have been good because they actually feel like Pre and Post shows should feel. And the people doing them take them seriously. The ones before and after Raw and Smackdown are just by the numbers and bland most of the time.

seriously. No idea why the Raw/Smackdown ones have to be as pointless as they are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

NXT post shows feel like Football Postgames on Sunday/Monday night, where players will show up and talk to the cast.

Extreme Rules felt like an NBA Post Game Press Conference.

• Locked thread