Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Walh Hara
May 11, 2012

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Apparently people aren't Zinn fans around here after all :P

Anyway, it's time for nominations for next month's book. Throw me suggestions and I'll put together the poll in a few days.

Just not a fan of American history :/ .

I've been looking for an excuse to read Billy Lynn's Long Half-Time walk so that'd be neat. There's also Dictionary of the Khazars that I've seen mentioned around here lately that might be good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Walh Hara
May 11, 2012

Whalley posted:

I'm gunna say Deathless by Catherynne M. Valente because we've just had five months in a row of male authors, last year there was only two women authors, and the year before that, fuckin' none. Deathless is Valente's postmodern attempt at writing Russian folklore, and from what I hear, she succeeds like crazy, although I haven't read it yet.

Oh yeah, this is excellent. Read this already this year and enjoyed it quite a bit.

• Locked thread