Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops

Recoome posted:

Tanks are poo poo, hth

yeah but

smoke owns

Azran posted:

I managed to farm like 3-4 T4 planes in an hour or so, meanwhile I'm like 1/3 of the way to a T4 tank while using the exact same methods. The grind is definitely worse.

Comparing unlocking the puma to unlocking italian planes makes this really obvious.

The fact all the new tanks are always tier V doesn't help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Azran posted:

I managed to farm like 3-4 T4 planes in an hour or so, meanwhile I'm like 1/3 of the way to a T4 tank while using the exact same methods. The grind is definitely worse.

what methods

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
RB, premium account and premium T4 vehicle.

Sard
May 11, 2012

Certified Poster of Culture.

BBJoey posted:

let's go back through the archives and see what the doubting Thomases had to say

Accept my repentence and grant me Italian tanks please

I need a Lancia 3Ro guntruck and P.43 bis to go with these new planes

Azran posted:

The grind is definitely worse.

I have anticipated the grind for the Chieftain Mk 5 and taken :spergin: measures to ease it:

Sard fucked around with this message at 13:28 on May 25, 2017

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Any idea when they're coming out for the general population? Apparently you can only play the Reserves if you didn't buy a pack or something.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
Gaijin have quite cleverly removed all the fascist flank roundels and have made the wing rounds not obviously fasces. I was wondering about how Gaijin would handle fascist Italy's iconography.

also

Sard
May 11, 2012

Certified Poster of Culture.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

The Breda.88 is crazy to fly because it looks like it should be a fast, well armed attacker but in reality its outpaced by a Stuka with TIE fighter levels of fortitude.

Easily my favorite 2 engined Italian plane right now

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

:911:

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

Tanks are in fact, cool and good.

I'm going to get the T-55A next. It's everything I ever wanted from the Soviet tree and a T-54 that has APDS/(good)APHE/APFSDS/HEAT-FS and a stabilizer is going to be loving amazing.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
It'd be cool if there was a disease called "Italian Fever" so I could call in sick today without being a liar.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Looks like the first Italian plane I'm spading is the BR.20 because it owns bones

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.

Xerxes17 posted:

Tanks are in fact, cool and good.

I'm going to get the T-55A next. It's everything I ever wanted from the Soviet tree and a T-54 that has APDS/(good)APHE/APFSDS/HEAT-FS and a stabilizer is going to be loving amazing.

Pay attention when you get it to the damage done by HEATFS internally vs other ammo types. I have a feeling that the T-55A and T95 might have a modifier against those ammos in the penetration algorithm, reducing the spalling/after-armor. Both have direct comments about their anti-HEAT properties (55A from the NBC liner) but nothing shows up in the cards.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

mlmp08 posted:

It'd be cool if there was a disease called "Italian Fever" so I could call in sick today without being a liar.

mama mia, guess I'll just be patching while at work :discourse:

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Jeez I can't believe we put up with the SM.79 for so long, its weird having an Italian bomber at 1.7 which doesn't have a football field-sized blind spot at the direct six o'clock AND has a decent payload.

The SM.79s are the tax you have to pay to get to the Z.1007 which might be good? It's also at 2.7 so who knows (lower the SM.79)

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Recoome posted:

Jeez I can't believe we put up with the SM.79 for so long, its weird having an Italian bomber at 1.7 which doesn't have a football field-sized blind spot at the direct six o'clock AND has a decent payload.

The SM.79s are the tax you have to pay to get to the Z.1007 which might be good? It's also at 2.7 so who knows (lower the SM.79)

bombers are worse than tanks tho why would you do this to yourself

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

underage at the vape shop posted:

bombers are worse than tanks tho why would you do this to yourself

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

I saw some people talking about changes to the British tank tree but I can't find anything online. Anyone know what they were talking about?

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

TescoBag posted:

I saw some people talking about changes to the British tank tree but I can't find anything online. Anyone know what they were talking about?

more often than not its the usual confirmation bias after playing exactly one round after a patch comes out

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

Thief posted:

more often than not its the usual confirmation bias after playing exactly one round after a patch comes out

Nah it looks like we're getting the Chieftan mk. 5 which is pretty rad

Edit: Holy poo poo and smoke grenades/shells!

TescoBag fucked around with this message at 17:25 on May 25, 2017

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

oh i thouggt you meant gameplay wise

like a lot of the general chat will have ppl saying stuff like oh i got 1 shotted by a well placed shell while sitting in an open field, clearly the entire front end armor has been stealth nerfed theres no way this could happen

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

What the gently caress.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops

Thief posted:

oh i thouggt you meant gameplay wise

like a lot of the general chat will have ppl saying stuff like oh i got 1 shotted by a well placed shell while sitting in an open field, clearly the entire front end armor has been stealth nerfed theres no way this could happen

Brit AP shot got better shrapnel gen but it doesn't pen any better than it used to AFAIK.

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

spectralent posted:

Brit AP shot got better shrapnel gen but it doesn't pen any better than it used to AFAIK.

Definitely been feeling the improved shrapnel etc. No longer taking 5 shots to kill every tank I come across.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I thought this was going to be tanks too. I had so many Spagett gifs lined up

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010
So wait, I see we have Italian plane tree, but where are boats?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Alright people, I need names for the new thread.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

Azran posted:

Alright people, I need names for the new thread.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

War Thunder: *freezing Satan furiously thumbs Italian phrasebook*

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
War Thunder - Now with schrödinger's axis nation!

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
The italians are literal fascists so maybe some play on all the 'bash the fash' white noise from the last few months.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Uhhh so wait, you can only use the cr.32 and ba.65 right now unless you buy one of the starter packs? And you can't even buy the packs on PS4? The gently caress is this poo poo?

Mr Darcy
Feb 8, 2006
War Thunder: Uh-Oh Spagettio!

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

free hubcaps posted:

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

War Thunder: The Good, the Bad and the Macchi

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

War Thunder: They Made the Planes Run on Dime(s)

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

First game in the G55 and pubbies are already saying Italians need a nerf. LMAO

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

BadOptics posted:

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

BadOptics posted:

Uh-uh. This implies the Macchis are ugly. :colbert:

free hubcaps posted:

This one, though, is perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Unreal_One posted:

This one, though, is perfect.