Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Willeh
Jun 25, 2003

God hates a coward

Crackerman posted:

This is how I feel about Album of the Year.

I know we are in the minority but album of the year is my favorite fnm album :respek:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crackerman
Jun 23, 2005

I would put it just behind Angel Dust. There’s something deeply sinister about both of them and Album of the Year sounds like the whole band collectively got a terminal disease and is giving their bizarre version of a last goodbye.

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.
Oh yeah...

Faith No More has confirmed its first North American shows since 2010 with a spring outing kicking off April 15 in Vancouver.

The announcement comes as the Bay Area band wraps up work on their follow-up to 1997's "Album Of The Year". The as-yet-untitled CD is due this May via the band's newly formed imprint Reclamation Recordings, which is distributed by Ipecac Recordings. FAITH NO MORE founder and bass player, Bill Gould, is overseeing production.

"Here we go," said Gould. "First North American tour dates, some in cities we haven't played in over 17 years.

"We are armed with the new material and ready for whatever comes our way."

Preceding the tour is the release of a second single from the forthcoming album, "Superhero", which will be available as a limited-edition seven-inch single on March 17 followed by a digital release on March 31.

North American tour dates:

April 15 - Vancouver, BC - PNE Forum
April 16 - Seattle, WA - Paramount Theater
April 17 - Portland, OR - Keller Auditorium
April 19 - San Francisco, CA - Warfield
April 20 - San Francisco, CA - Warfield
April 23 - Los Angeles, CA - The Wiltern
April 24 - Los Angeles, CA - The Wiltern
April 25 - Santa Ana, CA - The Observatory
May 07 - Chicago, IL - Concord Music Hall
May 08 - Detroit, MI - The Fillmore
May 09 - Toronto, ON - Sony Centre for the Performing Arts
May 11 - Boston, MA - Orpheum Theatre
May 13 - New York, NY - Webster Hall
May 14 - New York, NY - Webster Hall
May 15 - Philadelphia, PA - Electric Factory

Tickets for all shows are on-sale this Friday, January 30, at 10 a.m. local time. A fan club pre-sale will be made available on Wednesday, January 28 with more details to be found on FNM.com and via the band's social media pages.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
It's been five years since I've seen them. I'm excited.

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

First North American tour dates, some in cities we haven't played in over 17 years.

It's been over 17 for me. I'm beyond excited.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!
Annnnnnnnnd like 80% of the country is ignored.

THERE IS A SOUTH EAST WITH A LOT OF PEOPLE!

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
No Pittsburgh show :smith:

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Man, I hope to move back home to New Jersey so I can catch the Webster Hall shows in May. I never got to see them live while they were around the first time and never thought I'd get the opportunity to ever see them after they broke up.

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.
Don't panic just yet...

Crackerman
Jun 23, 2005

This thread got me to listen to Angel Dust again and holy poo poo this is a phenomenal album. I’ve listened to it twice today without ever wanting to skip a track.

If the new album is even a fraction as good I’ll be happy.

Quirk
Oct 11, 2004

You might surprise yourself.
Angel Dust owned, Album of the Year owned, listened to King For A Day once and heard no keyboards so I haven't listened to it since.

Last Cup of Sorrow is my favorite song in the world since I was 13

NarkyBark
Dec 7, 2003

one funky chicken
King For A Day has keyboards on it... even on the title track.

Quirk
Oct 11, 2004

You might surprise yourself.
Right, it was over a decade ago was that the one that had the least amount? I remember one having no keyboards or very few and I didn't like it.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Quirk posted:

Right, it was over a decade ago was that the one that had the least amount? I remember one having no keyboards or very few and I didn't like it.
I don't know how anyone can dislike songs like "Star AD" or "Just a man" or "Evidence", but then again I just love albums that switch genres around at a whim.

The reason for no keyboards was because something happened to Roddy right?

Crackerman
Jun 23, 2005

Last to Know is a really good song, I wish it was switched with Just a Man as last track on the album.

Last Cup of Sorrow and Ashes to Ashes are both brilliant and lend themselves to that “this is our last album, goodbye forever” feel of Album of the Year. I guess that’s redundant now, but still.

Jizzlobber remains one of the most viscerally frightening songs I’ve ever heard.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

achillesforever6 posted:

I don't know how anyone can dislike songs like "Star AD" or "Just a man" or "Evidence", but then again I just love albums that switch genres around at a whim.

Both had a few good songs, but I never cared for the last two albums all that much otherwise. Compared to Angel Dust it seemed like a step backward by making the songs more straightforward, and outside the ones that are takes on specific genres like Evidence or Stripsearch, it's mostly just plain alt-rock.

quote:

The reason for no keyboards was because something happened to Roddy right?

His dad died.

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

Crackerman posted:

Jizzlobber remains one of the most viscerally frightening songs I’ve ever heard.

I saw them play Jizzlobber live in '92 and Mike introduced the song as a Allman Brothers cover. The predominately southern crowd cheered only to have the fingers in the ears minutes later. Hah! No one fucks with crowd better than Mike Patton or G.G. Allin.

Willeh
Jun 25, 2003

God hates a coward

No one fucks with crowd better than Mike Patton.

drat straight

:allears:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

I've been watching a lot of old Mr. Bungle concerts and man I wish I was actually born and old enough to go to them. Mike is just amazing even as a 18 year old punk

I know that a Mr. Bungle reunion is never going to happen even though Mike has lighten up on the idea of doing it since he's cool with Trey now, but I wish for the new Faith No More album there was just one track that was a bunch of random cover songs or the Thunderball theme.

Also Dunn needs to release that Mr. Bungle book that he said he thought of doing.

I saw them play Jizzlobber live in '92 and Mike introduced the song as a Allman Brothers cover. The predominately southern crowd cheered only to have the fingers in the ears minutes later. Hah! No one fucks with crowd better than Mike Patton or G.G. Allin.
I love any early 90s MTV appearance by Faith No More because Mike just spends most of his time loving with the hosts and crowd
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ap4uUTIJpro

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

http://www.metalsucks.net/2015/02/04/analysis-5-ways-faith-no-couldve-slowed-scalpers/

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

achillesforever6 posted:

I've been watching a lot of old Mr. Bungle concerts and man I wish I was actually born and old enough to go to them. Mike is just amazing even as a 18 year old punk

I saw them when Disco Volante came out and on the last tour they did with System of a Down and some other lovely nu-metal acts. The DV tour they did a bunch of old hardcore songs like Loss For Words and Drug Me, which was hilarious.

achillesforever6 posted:

I know that a Mr. Bungle reunion is never going to happen even though Mike has lighten up on the idea of doing it since he's cool with Trey now,

It probably has more to do with all the members being scattered across the world at this point.

Alec Bald Snatch fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Feb 5, 2015

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib
I got my tix for the Vancouver show. They were 70 dollars a pop. I better be blown away by the show.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Album is called Sol Invictus

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

New song, Cone of Shame
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=ZLTlk5tvE44

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
A live version. I'll wait.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
Live FNM and studio FNM aren't the same thing.

I'm pretty excited about the new album. In preparation and celebration, I've been listening to Angel Dust at least once a month for... oh, since 1992 or so....

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

I could barely sit through that, it was so awful to me. That said, I thought the same thing of 'Motherfucker' when I heard the live version of it and ended up really liking the studio version. Hopefully this one will shine with some studio polish.

BobbyHeenanTinyHat
Apr 1, 2005

Calling all girls of the opposite sex
New(er) song, Superhero:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKP98hDBJ8w

Favourite one I've heard thus far.

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

M1TCH3LL posted:

New(er) song, Superhero:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKP98hDBJ8w

Favourite one I've heard thus far.

This is very, very awesome!

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
Sounds like a mix between King for a day and Album of the Year with some Tomahawk thrown in. It sounds pretty good for a basic rock song.

I'm still nervous as all hell because I really don't want this album to suck. The Real Thing, Angel Dust, King for a Day, Album of the Year and a lot of Patton's other works straight up defined my musical tastes in the early to late 2000's. I really hope this album isn't just another lesson in leaving sleeping dogs lie. A lesson that many bands failed to learn.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
Nice and heavy. I love it. This one doesn't need any time to grow on me.

I like the use of Patton's voice as a sample, especially toward the end where it's very noticeable. This one sounds like it's just an inch away from delving into pure experimental noise, but it holds itself in just enough to keep that from happening. It's unstable and heavy. Love it so far.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

http://marvel.com/news/comics/24157/faith_no_more_brings_superhero_to_marvel
Little neat interview from Marvel with Bill Gould about the song and how much of a nerd he used to be as a kid

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I've actually paused this on the first listen to say how fire this song is. I love it. Heavy elements of Fantomas, Tomahawk, Angel Dust... Brilliant.

Sparticle
Oct 7, 2012

I came home from the Brisbane show last night, really hoping they release the studio version because holy gently caress is it amazing live. It seems I got my wish as I slept.

redmedicine
Mar 7, 2015

Chromatic posted:

Sounds like a mix between King for a day and Album of the Year with some Tomahawk thrown in. It sounds pretty good for a basic rock song.

I'm still nervous as all hell because I really don't want this album to suck. The Real Thing, Angel Dust, King for a Day, Album of the Year and a lot of Patton's other works straight up defined my musical tastes in the early to late 2000's. I really hope this album isn't just another lesson in leaving sleeping dogs lie. A lesson that many bands failed to learn.

i definitely don't think it'll suck but it might be a few years too late, and none of the guys in the band are coming off of projects that fill me with confidence

i got some angel dust vibes from the outtro of superhero, albeit angel dust as played by 50something year olds. personally i wouldn't have minded if they'd dumped most of the overt "rockers" for this record, those kind of songs are mostly my least favorites off KFAD and AOTY. helpless, stripsearch, those are my jams

redmedicine fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Mar 8, 2015

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

redmedicine posted:

personally i wouldn't have minded if they'd dumped most of the overt "rockers" for this record, those kind of songs are mostly my least favorites off KFAD and AOTY. helpless, stripsearch, those are my jams

Definitely. Their heavier stuff isn't the same without Jim Martin.

33rd Degree Idiot
Sep 17, 2007

Scion of an ancestral procession of idiots stretching back to the Missing Link
Any word or rumors on more tour dates? Particularly in the Cincinnati or Louisville areas, or relatively close by?

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.
Word...

Faith No More‘s North American touring plans have been bolsted by a new leg of summer dates which will include support from none other than Refused. Those newly announced stops can be found below:

07/26 Austin, TX – Austin Music Hall
07/27 Dallas, TX – South Side Ballroom
07/28 Houston, TX – Bayou Music Center

With Refused:

07/30 Atlanta, GA – Masquerade Music Park
07/31 Raleigh, NC – Red Hat Amphitheater
08/01 Philadelphia, PA – Mann Center for the Performing Arts
08/02 Columbia, MD – Merriweather Post Pavilion
08/04 Boston, MA – Blue Hills Bank Pavilion
08/05 New York, NY – Madison Square Garden
08/07 Toronto, ON – Ricoh Coliseum

Opening acts have also been announced for the bands spring North American touring as well, here’s how their complete schedule looks:

04/15 Vancouver, BC – PNE Forum (feat. Christeene)
04/16 Seattle, WA – Paramount Theater (feat. Christeene)
04/17 Portland, OR – Keller Auditorium (feat. Christeene)
04/19 San Francisco, CA – Warfield (feat. La Plebe)
04/20 San Francisco, CA – Warfield (feat. Frightwig)
04/22 Los Angeles, CA – The Wiltern (feat. HO99O9)
04/23 Los Angeles, CA – The Wiltern (feat. The Urinals)
04/24 Los Angeles, CA – The Wiltern (feat. Flatbush)
04/25 Santa Ana, CA – The Observatory
05/07 Chicago, IL – Concord Music Hall (feat. Le Butcherettes)
05/08 Detroit, MI – The Fillmore Detroit (feat. Le Butcherettes)
05/09 Toronto, ON – Sony Centre for the Performing Arts (feat. Le Butcherettes)
05/11 Boston, MA – Orpheum Theatre (feat. Le Butcherettes)
05/13 New York, NY – Webster Hall (feat. Le Butcherettes)
05/14 New York, NY – Webster Hall (feat. Le Butcherettes)
05/15 Philadelphia, PA – Electric Factory (feat. Le Butcherettes)
05/29 Gelsenkirchen, GER – Rock Im Revier
05/31 Munich, GER – Rockavaria Festival
06/02 Milan, ITA – Sonisphere
06/04 Vienna, AUT – Vienna Rocks Festival
06/05 Hradec Kralove, CZE – Rock For People Festival
06/06 Berlin, GER – Zitadelle Spandau
06/08 Krakow, POL – Tauron Arena
06/10 Bratislava, SLO – Aegon Arena
06/12 Landgraaf, NET – Pinkpop Festival
06/13 Donington, UK – Download Festival
06/20 Clisson, FRA – Hellfest
06/21 Dessel, BEL – Graspop Festival
06/23 Hamburg, GER – Sporthalle Hamburg
06/26 Norrkoping, SWE – Bravalla Festival
06/27 Seinajoki, FIN – Provinssi
06/28 Odense, DEN – Tinderbox
07/26 Austin, TX – Austin Music Hall
07/27 Dallas, TX – South Side Ballroom
07/28 Houston, TX – Bayou Music Center

08/07-09 Montreal, QC – Heavy Montreal
09/25 Rio de Janeiro, BRA – Rock in Rio

Faith No More will be touring in support of their new album “Sol Invictus“, out May 19th. As previously reported, the band will also be performing on ‘The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon‘ on May 13th.

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

With Refused:

07/31 Raleigh, NC – Red Hat Amphitheater

To all the ticket sites reselling tickets for loving hundreds of dollars, eat a bowl of hot dick! I just scored 2 GAPIT tickets this morning with the pre-sale!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

To all the ticket sites reselling tickets for loving hundreds of dollars, eat a bowl of hot dick! I just scored 2 GAPIT tickets this morning with the pre-sale!

Haha, I got a GA ticket when they added the April 22nd date in L.A. And made money from selling my other ticket

• Locked thread