Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Yeah, been getting lots of GET THE MOTHERFUCKER ON THE PHONE texts recently. Bizarre. When is the album out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Doing this new album is a pretty stupid way to do a money grab, so I doubt it's that.

New song, while sounding like an intro, is ridiculously catchy and bizzare. Very much prime FNM traits. I love it but I'm sure there's better to come.

To the guy who said Patton hasn't been on creatively for a while, I'd advise listening to the latest Tomahawk albums and if you want to go back further, the DEP EP from, loving, ages ago. I think that's the best post FNM he's done, and I'm a huge fan of lots of his stuff (Lovage for example).

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Fair enough but I remember really enjoying the most recent tomahawk. Better than Anonymous.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Peeping Tom was good too. Lots of excellent output.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Aye. I said that. loving ages ago.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
A live version. I'll wait.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I've actually paused this on the first listen to say how fire this song is. I love it. Heavy elements of Fantomas, Tomahawk, Angel Dust... Brilliant.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
gently caress it, faith no more ticket bought, gently caress ye

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
video of chuck?

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
why have you posted it? did something happen or is it just a cool performance?

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Faster Disco?

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
ye. the there are some songs on the Chuck albums which belong in the upper tier of fnm songs. lots of them. Anne's song, faster disco, as the worm turns, Chinese arithmetic etc. and it's not just down to the vocals. I really believe they lost something when Jim left

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

caligulamprey posted:

Ever hear the demos of Chuck doing the Real Thing songs?

That's some weird alternate universe poo poo.

no. link?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
seeing these fuckers in a few days. been told they're playing up to seven songs from the new album. hope not, it's boring as gently caress.

• Locked thread