Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!
I dunno, I kinda loving love it.

But yeah if this is the lead in track on the album, god drat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

I'm glad to hear that it sounds a little more like a cohesive song than a FNM jazz session from all the live festival recordings I had over the summer.

Yeah same.

I didn't dig it much in the 2014 shows, but I absolutely love this. No one I know is NOT going sending "GOOD BYEEEEE MOTHER FUCKER" texts

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

I'm really skeptical. I think Motherfucker on the Phone is really horrible, and I loooooove FNM/Patton. He just really hasn't been inspired/making music/making good music. I don't remember the last Patton-related record I liked.

The song sounds like a B-side, there's really just not much happening considering the buildup. Patton has said to let sleeping dogs die about FNM for years and years but honestly this kinda seems like a money grab. He's living in Italy with his wife and overseeing a venue in Hong Kong and really just resting on his laurels, which is absolutely fine, but to me this probably isn't a reunion based on, "I have so many awesome ideas, I'm so inspired, I just have to get the guys together again!"

I hope the album is good but I'm expecting it to be kinda lacking.

I thought so too at first, when they announced the reunion tour. But... holy hell, they've killed it every single time they played. The thing about money grabs is that unless someone NEEDS the money, there are a lot easier ways to make a few fistfuls of it than going through the whole bullshit about recording a whole album.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Annnnnnnnnd like 80% of the country is ignored.

THERE IS A SOUTH EAST WITH A LOT OF PEOPLE!

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

rear end Catchcum posted:

I would like to check this band out. Where to start?

Angel Dust

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Time to out myself as a fan from after Chuck departed. In fact, until a few years ago, I didn't even know who he was.

I HUGE part of FNM's charm for me is Mike's ridiculous vocal stuff. I definitely love the eclectic music and the instrumentation, but for me, patton more or less makes the band what it is.

• Locked thread