Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crackerman
Jun 23, 2005

King for a Day sounds like they were really exhausted after Angel Dust but tried to put together an album regardless. It’s not bad, it’s just kind of limp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crackerman
Jun 23, 2005

This is how I feel about Album of the Year.

Crackerman
Jun 23, 2005

I would put it just behind Angel Dust. There’s something deeply sinister about both of them and Album of the Year sounds like the whole band collectively got a terminal disease and is giving their bizarre version of a last goodbye.

Crackerman
Jun 23, 2005

This thread got me to listen to Angel Dust again and holy poo poo this is a phenomenal album. I’ve listened to it twice today without ever wanting to skip a track.

If the new album is even a fraction as good I’ll be happy.

Crackerman
Jun 23, 2005

Last to Know is a really good song, I wish it was switched with Just a Man as last track on the album.

Last Cup of Sorrow and Ashes to Ashes are both brilliant and lend themselves to that “this is our last album, goodbye forever” feel of Album of the Year. I guess that’s redundant now, but still.

Jizzlobber remains one of the most viscerally frightening songs I’ve ever heard.

• Locked thread