Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I do laugh when a bunch of people are trying to get to the goalpost with whatever obstacle the level throws at you and then somebody just taps the bottom and they're the only one that clears it. That's a nice bit of schadenfreude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The T
May 29, 2010

A sufficiently chaotic system is maximally fair.

I have a sore throat and can't think of anything funny to say!

We reuse a stolen joke a whole lot in this video! I blame major even though I started it.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Hey, that time you got 20 lives after you Game Overed! Didn't it give you 15 last time?

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

It gives you five lives per player who is not present on the map. So a straight-up game over with four players gives you 20 lives. Last time, they got to the end with only three players out of four dead.

The T
May 29, 2010

Hey guys! I was going to update today!

But then last week in the middle of the week I became sick and I'm still actually sick and just never got around to working on cleaning the audio!

So I'm going to lie and say I'm taking the day off for the holiday.

So to all my Canadian fans, European fans, and any-other-placian fans, Happy Friday!

The T
May 29, 2010

Wow, not a single "get well soon" or "hope everything's ok"? Some fans I have...!

Oh well, I guess you earned this anyway.

Bonus Games We Should Have Played But Didn't:
A Real Fighting Game

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Man, that chain-link level with four players is just mad chaotic. Even more so than usual, I mean.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

We need a gif of that "pro" segment of playing between Espio and Amy near the end there.

The T
May 29, 2010

Ometeotl posted:

We need a gif of that "pro" segment of playing between Espio and Amy near the end there.

Which part in particular? Also my yelling "NO" probably wouldn't come through the gif. Or is the opening the Xbox menu the important bit?

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

The part where they continued a back and forth trade of missing hammers and tongue.

The T
May 29, 2010

Yeah ok.

The T
May 29, 2010

Aaah I'm in the middle of packing so I can move tomorrow but I still found time to finish up the audio for this one!

This is probably my favorite episode so far and features what is probably my favorite level. Enjoy!

Mario Kart
Sonic & All-Stars Racing*

*Funny story about this: me and major actually did play this, when we went to Disney Quest! They actually had an arcade machine for the first game for whatever reason. Naturally we didn't try to record this though. Also I kicked major's rear end.

We also played Pac-Man Battle Royale which was pretty cool.

The T fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Jul 25, 2014

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Mount Must Dash is the best level in the game.

Other things: Hisstocrat was a glorious display of terribleness, and did Annie finally find the run button?

The T
May 29, 2010

Silver Falcon posted:

Mount Must Dash is the best level in the game.

Other things: Hisstocrat was a glorious display of terribleness, and did Annie finally find the run button?

Yeah, Mount Must Dash was by far my favorite level.

Hisstocrat was so bad because I spent the entire time trying to fight it while also trying never to be too close to Seer and major. Seer and major spent the entire time trying to knock the crown off of me.

But I won in the end. :smug:

tetracontakaidigon
Apr 21, 2013

Silver Falcon posted:

did Annie finally find the run button?

who needs to run when you can saunter

JavaJesus
Jul 4, 2007

The T, I'm way ahead of you on keeping track of who played what character (although since this whole LP happened in the past you could very well be way ahead of me), and so far the RNG has decided that you are definitely not Most Likely To Be Luigi:

Also, here are the other two graphs:

And yeah, I'm gonna have to add my voice to the chorus of "Mount Must Dash is the best level."

The T
May 29, 2010

JavaJesus posted:

The T, I'm way ahead of you on keeping track of who played what character

Yesss I love you.

Also in our group chat on Skype, Annie says: "i love the person who makes the charts for our lp"

So at least 50% of us love you.

Now, if we can only figure out how to include the bonus games into these charts somehow... (Kidding! Or am I...)

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Every LP is improved with charts

JavaJesus
Jul 4, 2007

Coincidentally, I have a chart here on that very subject:

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

JavaJesus posted:

Coincidentally, I have a chart here on that very subject:

What unit is the vertical axis in?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Carbon dioxide posted:

What unit is the vertical axis in?

Metric Awesomeness Units (MAU). The more MAUs something has the better it is, which is why the internet is full of cat memes.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

The T posted:

Yeah ok.

Just noticed this thread and decided to skim through it real fast and saw this.

Is... is his tongue a fist?

The T
May 29, 2010

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Just noticed this thread and decided to skim through it real fast and saw this.

Is... is his tongue a fist?

As I made that gif I was thinking the same thing. It's either that or his tongue is tied in a knot??

The T
May 29, 2010

I finished moving and still haven't unpacked everything but I still found time to do this!

I really love the events of the last level in this episode.

JavaJesus
Jul 4, 2007

The chaos of the Mystery House was pretty good, but I'm a slightly bigger fan of Annie's simple declarations of "Goodbye everyone!" in the last couple of stages.

And as always, chart summary continues to be a thing that happens. Fun fact: Although The T only got assigned Peach once this video, "The T is Peach" is really the only strong statement the RNG is trying to make. The only conclusion I can reach is that The T found a way to bribe the RNG before this whole thing started.

The T
May 29, 2010

JavaJesus posted:

The only conclusion I can reach is that The T found a way to bribe the RNG before this whole thing started.

Well, the WiiU DOES know who it's owner is...

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Watching you all scramble to dash the mad dash was very entertaining. So much Toad. So much falling off.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

I liked the part when Mario grabbed the trampoline and jumped on the flagpole, thereby denying everyone the gold flag. :D

The T
May 29, 2010

Hey guys! FYI I somehow caught yet another cold. It was pretty unsevere at first and then I woke up today and I feel like a million times worse! So since I was putting off working on the next video until I felt "better"... so much for that.

So don't expect a new video tomorrow! I'll do my best to have it up for next week though. I might even have it up earlier next week because I am going to Orlando Nerd Fest starting on Thursday (whether I feel better or not...). So who knows and we'll see!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Try not to sneeze all over everything.

The T
May 29, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

Try not to sneeze all over everything.

Thanks, I am trying! Also congratulations on getting reply #69 in the thread!

On an unrelated note, if you just can't get enough of me, I guested in the Knuckles Story of GameboyHero's Sonic Adventure LP. This was actually when I was recovering from the last time I was sick, so I was pretty out of it and barely remember it and probably wasn't even funny!!

so enjoy!

The T
May 29, 2010

Aaah! When I said I was going to get it up "early", 9 AM isn't what I meant by it... but oh well! I'm off to Orlando Nerdfest!

The first day of Nerdfest has been crazy fun, and now I'm off for day 2.

Hope the audio on the video is already; I went through it really carefully and muted any rough noises/tried to clean up parts where we were talking as best I could; that said, I made a last minute adjustment to the levels on the game audio and wasn't able to listen to the whole video afterwards so I don't know how well it sounds in the later levels! It should be fine!! But if it's bad please let me know!

Sonic '06
Onechanbara? major: T I will kill you
Kinect

Edit: also if you want to follow along with my nerdfest adventures, check my twitter!!

The T fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Aug 8, 2014

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
This LP is a giant clusterfuck and there is no way you will ever beat the game. It's wonderful. Please keep going. :allears:

tetracontakaidigon
Apr 21, 2013

Cardiovorax posted:

there is no way you will ever beat the game

Hours of my life gone says otherwise. :)

also watching the latest video made me feel motion sick, so I'm glad at least someone enjoyed it

e: why do I even watch the videos? I was there...

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
I keep reading the game title as "Super Mario 3D WÖRLD"

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
They also stylize Nintendogs as Nintendögs. Japanese people have poor grasp on European languages, so it's not too surprising they don't consider how their titles could be misinterpreted by languages with accents or umlauts.

The T
May 29, 2010

Hey there! Orlando Nerd Fest was frankly pretty incredible and I had a great time. But, who cares, back to more Mario!

I also met a great new band, and one of the songs they played is vaguely relevant to this thread and I am going to link to a recording of it anyway!

Dokapon Kingdom

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

The T posted:

Dokapon Kingdom

Games no one should play:
Dokapon Kingdom

JavaJesus
Jul 4, 2007

Damnit Annie, now I'm gonna be wondering if I'm crazy enough to go back and rewatch this just to keep track of how long you were in a bubble. :mad:

I'm...probably gonna be crazy enough to do it someday. :negative:

As always, here are the updated charts:

I like how going from players 1 to 4 it looks like the character selection starts off actually trying to be random but then just sort of gives up when it gets to majormonotone and Annie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The T
May 29, 2010

JavaJesus posted:

Damnit Annie, now I'm gonna be wondering if I'm crazy enough to go back and rewatch this just to keep track of how long you were in a bubble. :mad:

Other things to track: How many times each person died. (Also causes of death :getin: (DON'T ACTUALLY DO THIS OH GOD)) (in fact the prior one is way too much; you do enough as it is!!)

I'm surprised by how little I played as Blue Toad. It's like the game cared about me.

Also this is not a big deal at all and definitely not important enough to fix for this update, but just a heads up that the Fire Bros. level is just 4-B. :)

gnome7 posted:

Games no one should play:
Dokapon Kingdom

Hey, I had to prove that these people really hated me and weren't my friends after all. :colbert:

• Locked thread