Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Contra Duck
Nov 4, 2004

#1 DAD

Ragingsheep posted:

Less than 1%, not negative 1% as funny as that would've been.

But the margin of error is ~3% so he could be as low as -2%!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Contra Duck
Nov 4, 2004

#1 DAD

freebooter posted:

I am out of the country indefinitely and not keeping up on the news, can someone please give me a percentage ratio of the likelihood of Abbott being rolled? Because at this stage I don't even care if the Liberal Party remains in power for the next 50 years, I just hate Abbott so much I want him to personally fail, early in his term, and know he failed, for the rest of his life.

I hope never. I'd much rather see Abbott blunder his way through the next few years being an ineffective laughing stock than have someone more savvy take over who could actually get away with all the nasty poo poo they're trying to do now.

Contra Duck
Nov 4, 2004

#1 DAD
Yeah here's the ABS's take on it from 2013:

http://www.abs.gov.au/AUSSTATS/abs@.nsf/Lookup/6523.0Main+Features22011-12?OpenDocument

quote:

In real terms, average equivalised disposable household income did not show any significant change between 2009-10 ($894) and 2011-12 ($918). In 2007-08 there was a break in series due to the improvements in measuring income introduced in that cycle. Adjusting for the break in series the net increase between 1994-95 and 2011-12 was 49%.

Some interesting other figures in that paper too. I especially like the income equality tables that show our Gini coefficient reaching a low point in 1996 before rising to a huge peak in 2007. Wonder what happened between those years?

Contra Duck
Nov 4, 2004

#1 DAD
NWS that poo poo man.

Contra Duck
Nov 4, 2004

#1 DAD

Anidav posted:

Should I go to the interview to simply ask the aware or base wage?

Don't bother, it's just a variant of an MLM scam

From their website:

quote:

Trew Marketing's ultimate goal is to provide our people the opportunity for complete financial freedom and financial independence to enable them to enjoy the best quality of life possible. This is delivered through a committed and ongoing training and support network which enables successful applicants to develop essential skills, self confidence and the ability to train others at their own pace.

That's all classic MLM-speak. "financial independence" means you're not really employed with them and that they won't actually pay you. "support network" and "train others" means you're expected to bring in other suckers to the scam.

If you do go along, they're won't really interview you, they offer everyone who appears young and easy to manipulate a position as an "independent contractor" which coincidentally means that you aren't technically employed by them and don't get paid a minimum wage. It's even better if they tell you that you can "start your own franchise" which is the same as above except it also means that you need to pay them for the pleasure of working there. They'll give you a bunch of bullshit about how great it is to "be your own boss" and how exciting it is to deal with all these glamourous sports teams (there'll even be a bunch of photos of the boss with broncos players scattered around the office to try to impress you) and if they get the slightest hint that you're not taking the bait they'll kick you out and bring in the next sucker.

e: or you could just read this which explains an even worse possibility: http://jobsearch.about.com/od/entryleveljobs/a/entrylevelscam.htm

Contra Duck fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Jun 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Contra Duck
Nov 4, 2004

#1 DAD

Clarke and Dawe own.

• Locked thread