Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

Megiddo posted:

Also, after looking at my hot sauce stash, I think I have a problem:

I like Frank's. Are you ashamed of it? Is that why you have the bottle turned around so we can't see it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

I know it's hot 'super loving hot' but I never learn my lesson with habanero sauce. Spiced up 1/2 cup of crappy restaurant salsa with a spoonful of this stuff, paid for it the rest of the night.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

litany of gulps posted:

Edit: I know I'm eating well when my scalp starts to sweat.

This chicken wing place I go to, the #5 wings make sweat bead up so bad on my head it's not funny. My shirt will be soaked, my nose will be running like crazy, when I go to the bathroom and wash up the waitress will always ask "Is he okay?"

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

CommonShore posted:

I found some El Yucateo green, which I had been watching for since I discovered this thread. That poo poo is pretty good! I've been throwing it on my chicken tacos, and I don't think I've had a hotter sauce that wasn't one of those "novelty use only" uber pepper/extract fortified sauces which taste like dirt.

Too hot for straight on corn chips, that's for sure.

They have it at all the 'mexican' places here. I just put a spoon or two of it in the little dishes of salsa they bring out with the chips, it's perfect.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Mr. Wookums posted:

The lube wings disappoint the hell out of me. Waiver and everything for their stupid show and they tasted like capsicum extract and don't even make you burn your bits if you don't wash up well. IMO not even as good as BW3 blazzing. I didn't know winking had a Scorpion pepper, maybe that'll be lunch.

Blazing isn't even really hot..it's just bad.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Jmcrofts posted:

I've seen some fellow El Yucateco lovers ITT, but has anyone tried their "XXXtra" hot sauce, Kutbil-Ik? It's very hot and very delicious, with a strong Habanero flavor. I can't get enough of it.

I also tried out their Black Label sauce, and didn't like it at all. Something about the overpowering smoke flavor just turned me off big time.

Tried this the other day and my stomach still hurts :(

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Planet X posted:

Looks amazing.

Please tell me it is 'gently caress you' hot as well. I want a jar.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Squashy Nipples posted:

Holy crap! I love the regular green El Yucateco, but I didn't know this existed!

I must find!

Do you have a Save alot or whatever grocery stores are in the shadier parts of town? They have quite a few Yucatecas at the one I live by.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

rj54x posted:

Pro-choice - go get a good sandwich from someplace that is neither of these two.
Let me tell you about places where Subway is the only option :(

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

We have to bring poo poo in for cinco de mayo next week. I'll probably bring a couple things in but I'm going to make a super loving hot salsa.

Not stupid hot like Dave's Insanity or something but just something pretty loving hot.

Probably roast a couple of anaheims, a handful of jalapenos, a bigger handful of serranos, and maybe like 2 habeneros, then try to even it out a little bit with some onion and maybe tomato and a little sugar and a splash of vinegar.

Sound good?

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Crazyeyes posted:

This. Unless you know for a fact other people like "pretty loving hot" salsa you're gonna be the only one eating it for enjoyment. Some poor schmuck may end up eating some by accident, but beyond that you're probably it.

I'm going to put a bit fat caution sticker on it.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Made my sauce last night.

3 poblanos
10 jalapenos
15 serranos
8 habeneros
8 anahaeims

3 cloves of garlic
1 medium yellow onion
2 roma tomatos

salt, comino, black pepper, vinegar, brown sugar

De-seeded and roast all everything in two batches under the broiler. Removed most of the blackened skins, blended in the vitamix.

It's hot, but not burn your tongue off hot. More like after 8-9 chips worth of it and your tongue suddenly turns numb.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

You guys like hot horseradish?

Rocket Horseradish, it's pretty hot or whatever you call it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

The best places to buy the cheap hot sauces are the low-end grocery stores.