Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Feels like his Charlie Kelly energy has gone up exponentially.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

I ain't ever planted peppers before, but I wanna. Is now a good time to?

I live in California which is basically a desert at this point so I'm sure peppers might thrive here.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

I'm in San Jose where we just had a weird bout of cold, but we're back to it being 75 right now. I'll see what seeds I can get. Any recommendations for what sorts I should go with? I'd like to go with habanero and thai if that seems simple enough.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

I just ordered some scotch bonnet seeds and black habanero seed off of superhotchiles. Stoked for this.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

thotsky posted:

A friend convinced me to buy a strawberry hot sauce from some podunk town in England. It also has garlic and spices in it and comes in a glass monkey skull. It is awful.

Should follow the same rule as gimmick liquor bottles: It's gonna suck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Speaking of Johnny Scoville there's a show on Hulu called Superhot about pepper freaks. It's narrated by Sonic and very much has mid-2000's Food Network show vibes.