Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
I dunno if sriracha has changed or something but nowadays when I put it on stuff I think there's a foul taste to it. I don't really use it anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Vlex posted:

Flying Goose brand sriracha is better than the "original" Huy Fong Rooster brand.

I checked the brand on the bottle and it's flying goose brand, so perhaps the one I liked was the original.

Other than that I like the Texas Pete sauce the OP posted, I always buy it from the US shelf in the local supermarket.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

ThomasPaine posted:

I genuinely like Tabasco's habanero sauce, am I a joke?

I like their green jalapeno sauce. Though now that I discovered Texas Pete its all I ever buy aside from sriracha, I need to give this flying goose brand bottle away and buy some proper cock sauce.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'll see if they have it in the america-section of the store (in Finland).

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Any europeans here or american emigrants perhaps who know where to get Huy Fong products in the EU? Disappeared of all the shelves a few years ago. Read it's been banned in the EU since 2020.

I found this site which has the sriracha and they ship to finland, but I would also haved liked to have tried the garlic paste:
https://www.myamericanmarket.com/us/

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I've tried other brands but don't like them, either it's just almost as nice but not quite, or it's terrible. Several years ago I bought a bottle of sriracha and thought it was the same stuff, then I wondered why sriracha had started tasting so foul, couldn't finish the bottle. It was a flying goose, not a rooster on the bottle.

The american place I linked claimed to have in stock so I should probably buy right loving now even though shipping is like 17€

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Maybe, it's the first sriracha I tasted and learned to like.

However I did not taste Heinz until I was like 18-20 maybe, it came to Finland late. Still it quickly became my favorite ketchup brands, buy it 90% of the time.

But Heinz is not the best for all situations either. I really like the really cheap store band ketchups and such for stuff like fries.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

It's an on off thing for me. Can go months without using it, then suddenly I put it on everything. Like last week, made pizza rolls and found it worked really well on those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Got the Tabasco Sriracha because why the hell not. It's not as good nope. But perfectly edible, doesn't really taste sriracha, too much of a vinegary thing going on.