Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sharkattack
Mar 26, 2008

8bit Shark Attack!

d3rt posted:

Cholula and Hoy Fong's Sriracha.

Love both of these. That sriracha (or homemade) is my go-to in most instances, but for Mexican I choose either Cholula or, what I like to call, "Radioactive Sauce" because of it's color: http://www.elyucateco.com/english/products/sauces/green-habanero.html
It's super tasty, and one of the few hot sauces readily available at a lot of establishments that I tend to find "hot."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharkattack
Mar 26, 2008

8bit Shark Attack!

xergm posted:

Probably because most people don't love hot sauce as much as we do. As an extremely pasty white male, anytime I go into a Thai restaurant or any other place with respectable spicy food, I usually make sure to stress that I like things Thai hot or equivalent. I've gotten funny looks and "Are you sure?" quite a few times.

I'll burn my mouth with copious amounts of capsaicin and like it, damnit.

Same. In fact, I often ask for extra chili paste/pickled chilies/whatever they have on the side when I order. In one specific instance, I had ordered a 5 star hot curry at a Thai place, then asked for the extra chili tray thingy, and literally all of the employees came out one by one to watch me eat it. I was like a sideshow act or something
My boyfriend's parents will never let me live it down, either. Actually, come to think of it...they've done a similar thing to me. One time they sat me down in their house and had me try random spoonfuls of hot sauce from their collection... :stare: