Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
I don't know where it came from but I have a bottle of 357 Mad Dog Hot Sauce in my pantry and it makes me want to die. 357,000 Scoville is just too many for me and my Nancy-boy mouth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

Not exactly hot sauce related but I have been growing some habaneros and Scotch Bonnets in my garden and they have been approaching ripeness. I have discovered that eating habaneros right off the plant are quite tasty. I need to figure out how to make sauce or pickle them or something.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

Al Cowens posted:

Huy Fong has another product that is far more versatile and superior to sriracha.

uhhh.... Isn't THAT sriracha?

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

CommonShore posted:

That my friend is Sambal Oelek. It's chilli paste with garlic and pretty much nothing else. It is amazing. I use it for putting heat into any type of cuisine in which red chillies are appropriate.

There is a not insignificant chance that I have never eaten actual sriracha then. My stuff has always been green cap garlic chili sauce.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

wormil posted:

Lime and cilantro, forget the vinegar. Really though, make it how you like it as you'll be the only one eating it.

This. Unless you know for a fact other people like "pretty loving hot" salsa you're gonna be the only one eating it for enjoyment. Some poor schmuck may end up eating some by accident, but beyond that you're probably it.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

Smoked some chicken legs over cherry wood for dinner tonight. Slathered them in a Hawaiian bbq sauce made with Trinidad Scorpions and some other goodies by a local guy I met at the farmers market a few weeks back. Not only was it a great spice level, but also amazingly flavorful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

So I feel like you guys can appreciate this...

I bought a bunch of hot peppers at my local farmers market over the weekend and canned up some pepper relish. Problem is during the deseeding step of the process I dropped a shitload of seeds on the floor, which I then stepped on.

Two days later my feet feel like they are on fire. Gets worse and worse throughout the day as my feet sweat.