Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

I love the original Cholula but they have a Chipotle variety (I know, I know) that I find goes really, really well with carnita pork. Very flavorful, not what I would call "hot."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

ThomasPaine posted:

I genuinely like Tabasco's habanero sauce, am I a joke?

Honestly, it's not a dick-measuring contest. I mean, there are plenty of examples of "really-not-that-hot" hot sauces in this thread that people love. Most people aren't Texan chili-heads and want something that includes good flavor without cauterizing their tongue.

Edit: If you want a real joke, go to Jack In The Box and get their "Jack's Blazin' Chicken Sandwich" topped with "ghost pepper ranch sauce." Saw that and thought "I'll believe that when I see it." Sure enough, same 320 Scoville units that you get with every other "spicy" fast food offering on the planet.

Che Delilas fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Jun 7, 2014

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

ThomasPaine posted:

I was getting at the fact that it's mass market corporate stuff more than anything else. I assumed it would be considered bland at best by most people who are really into hot sauce - taste wise as well as heat wise.

Similar answer then - whether it's chili heads or food snobs, don't let people drive you away from what you like for no good reason. Hell, I like the regular Tabasco on some things; it's a good way to brighten up bitter veggies like Chard for one.

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

rj54x posted:

That, my friend, is why they make this:

I picked up a bottle of this for sixty-seven-goddamn cents on account of this thread. Normal suburban supermarket but by chance it has the Mexico-style pour cap instead of the shaker cap, which is handy since I'm basically pouring it straight down my throat. :v: It's going to be a permanent addition to my pantry.

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

xergm posted:

The glass is just a spice enhancer. When the little bits cut up your mouth, then you'll really feel that delicious capsaicin burn.

And like all good hot sauce experiences, it does the same on the way out! :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

SpunkyRedKnight posted:

I wish the Habanero Tabasco came in a bigger bottle. I've got face-melting ultrahot sauces that have a completely open bottle neck and Tabasco comes like some kind of IV drip. It confuses me.

The face-melting hot sauce makers probably assume that their customers know what they're getting into and also have all their motor skills developed to the point where they can control the pouring of a liquid from a bottle. The people making Tabasco and other consumer-level sauces probably figure that they can't protect the average consumer enough.