Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.
I really dislike sriracha because it's sickeningly sweet to me. Cholula works pretty great though. It's got a nice flavour to it.

Also here is my favourite hot sauce of all time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.
Seriously. That sugar in there makes the drat thing taste awful. I really don't want sugar in my garlic sauce.

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.

My brother is growing these tiny peppers. What are they?

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.
They are lethally hot. Very tasty though. Thanks for the ID help.

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.

Bum the Sad posted:

No but they're super compact little balls of heat, not a lot of flesh just thin membrane and a seed. There's no like more mild part of the pepper since they're so small. There's no splitting it open and scraping out the inside like you can do with most peppers.

I don't tend to eat super hot peppers, because I just want the heat, and the flavour. Habaneros are too spicy for me. I'm generally happy with the thai bird chilies, because they pack some heat while having a great taste. It feels like a waste to remove the seeds though, so if a pepper is too hot, I'll choose another one that's milder rather than removing seeds/membranes.

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.
That's a lot of blending. You can just skip the multiple blending and do it when you're ready to strain. Cooking with the membranes and seeds makes it spicy, not bitter. When rehydrating dried peppers, just blend the whole lot and strain.

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.

Midorka posted:

My process may change once I get a Vitamix or something, but as of now I blend multiple times for the purpose of ensuring the best consistency and mix.

But if you're straining it anyways, it shouldn't need it all, should it? As long as you've already broken the pepper in half to check for mold (which I've never seen, but I guess some people have different experiences?), it should be ready to cook down and flavour whatever thing you're cooking it in. Once the whole mess is cooked, I can certainly see blending it at that point. And if you're adding ginger or garlic or onion (or xanthan gum, for that matter), I can see blending it twice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.

Squashy Nipples posted:

People don't seem to believe me when I tell them this, but I've spent a lifetime eating hot food, and I've never once had that problem.

And also, Mrs Squashy keeps a jar of extra hot ground red chiles that she liberally sprinkles onto her meals before tucking in. Sprinkles onto the meals that she's already added plenty of heat to. Mind you, her food is extremely delicious, but not at all shy with the heat.

Also, thanks to your questions, Ferret King, I found a website called the Poop Report. Where people endlessly talk about poop.