Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

i got tired of paying too much for the habanero sauces i'm addicted to. i have no idea what i'm doing. updates to come, after I go and get rubber gloves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

Herr Tog posted:

Are you dead?

not yet, the stuff's still in the fridge because too many things are happening at once

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

Herr Tog posted:

Glad you aren't dead!

raw pepper sauce base, six cups: jalapeno, serrano, dried ??? red pepper, some habanero, all the habanero and jalapeno seeds, white vinegar. went off without a hitch. thinner than I'd like but that can be fixed later when I combine things. 1:1 pepper:vinegar produces a thin sauce base. (ignore my lovely color balance, it's green)

cooked pepper sauce base, with serrano, jalapeno, more dried red peppers, most of the habaneros, apple cider vinegar. in progress. I flew too close to the sun and the extractor fan above the range was not enough. I've violated the Geneva Protocol and I think I am dying. the dried red peppers fried in garlic olive oil taste incredible by themselves though.

Onions, carrots, and garlic to be added later, pending testing. Most of the habaneros spoiled while I was too busy to get to them. The tomatillos, I think, are unsalvageable. Will update when I have more news.

edit: I have a face mask. Could not find goggles. Death is certain.

atomicthumbs fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Oct 28, 2014

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

Hot sauce update: it tastes good. My dad's review consisted of "God drat" and "you are a worthy successor" (he enjoys telling me about when he made what his friends called "burn-your-rear end-off sauce" and he had to dip his hands in a pot full of milk to get them to stop burning).

More importantly, despite washing my hands thoroughly many times and wearing gloves for most of the pepper handling, they apparently still have habanero residue on them from last night and I want to die