Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Doom Rooster posted:

So, this spring when I went to the garden center to pick up herbs and peppers to plant, I saw Ghost Pepper plants for $1.50. I pretty much went "Hahahahaha, why not? This will be funny!". Zero fruit for 6 months, and now all of a sudden, the plant exploded with flowers about a week ago, and now I have about 2 dozen baby ghost peppers that should be ripe in about 10 days, assuming we don't get a cold snap in Austin. I am generally a "sriracha is the perfect level of spice" kinda guy, so I am not sure what I should do with them...

1) Make hot sauce. Anyone have any ghost pepper recipes that they like?

2) Since I have taken so much pleasure over the years watching the misery of others, it may be time for me to do my own ghost pepper challenge video and post it

3) No clue

Blend them into a puree, fold it into pastry cream and pipe it into small cream puff shells. Serve them to friends but let them know that there is a secret ingredient.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Doom Rooster posted:

They are the chocolate colored ghost peppers... "Chocolate" mousse may need to happen...

Another tip if you want to be really diabolical. I pulled this once on a group of friends with some white habanero spiked ones. Present a plate of them and tell them that one of them contains a secret ingredient, then ask who wants to go first. After your brave volunteer is done having their fun with it you tell everyone else to dig in. However, all of them are spiked with the habanero. But! One of them also has a maraschino cherry or something like that at the center, and that is your secret ingredient. :haw:

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

atomicthumbs posted:

Hot sauce update: it tastes good. My dad's review consisted of "God drat" and "you are a worthy successor" (he enjoys telling me about when he made what his friends called "burn-your-rear end-off sauce" and he had to dip his hands in a pot full of milk to get them to stop burning).

More importantly, despite washing my hands thoroughly many times and wearing gloves for most of the pepper handling, they apparently still have habanero residue on them from last night and I want to die

Congrats on your sauce. You really should wear some disposable powderless gloves when handling really strong peppers, a box of them isn't very expensive and they have other uses in the kitchen.