Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
I got these packets of hot sauce from Halal Guys and gently caress it's so good.

Anybody know a brand that's somewhat similar in flavor and heat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

Anyone know a good, decently available sauce that’s around 100,000 Scoville, similar to the heat in Halal Guys red sauce, if you’ve had it.

I love that loving sauce and can’t get enough packets, but it’s a pain in the rear end to get over to the restaurant.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

Mushika posted:

I know im being stupidly pedantic and please forgive me, but Crystal hot sauce is singular and doesnt have an "s" at the end. That being said, it's one of my favorite hot sauces. I'll shut up now, sorry.

I’ll have to give Crystal another go. I used it once but it tasted kind of gross to me. Maybe I got a bad bottle or wasn’t using it in the right context, or maybe my taste just wasn’t there yet.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

Went to World Market while waiting for a movie and scored Melinda's Naga Jolokia and Dave's Scorpion Pepper sauce.

The Melinda's is actually pretty good. I put a few drops on some rice and mild curry and it really made everything pop. It wasn't obnoxiously hot either.

I'm gonna try it on some Trader Joe's Orange Chicken later, along with the Scorpion.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

I’m really liking Dave’s Ghost Pepper sauce. It has a subtle flavor and good amount of heat, as well as a nice consistent look and texture.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

Space Jam posted:

Give Melinda’s Ghost Pepper sauce a shot, it’s one of the best I’ve had and I really like Dave’s. I’ve been using it on subs with some fresh jalapeños from my garden I pickled. Thoroughly good.

I like Melinda's too. It has a nice flavor and somewhat lesser heat. But in light of the trademark theft I'll try Marie Sharp's when I run out of the Dave's. I scored a bunch from World Market since they were like 3 bucks each and I didn't want to keep coming back for more.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

Gotta hit World Market and get more Dave's Ghost Pepper.

Melinda's ghost pepper is nice but the heat is fairly mild compared to the ghost pepper moniker. I have to douse my food with it to get it hot. Also I think they stole the recipe from the lady who made it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

Ordered a 3 pack of Secret Aardvark original last Saturday during their 20% off sale. The discount didn't get applied. I emailed them and they're gonna refund the difference because I guess it went down prematurely. At least they made it right.

Kinda regret not going for the scorpion instead. I liked it and already used the whole drat bottle up.