Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Lucky Dog Hot Sauce

They work in some amazing things like dates, carrots, and various varieties of smoked peppers (depending on the label) to give them a great flavor profile.
The 'extra mild' versions of the sauces don't count as 'hot sauce', but they're just plain delicious. I've used some of them as direct bastes on grilled chicken with awesome results.
The upper end ones tend to come in somewhere above sriracha and the lower end Dave's insanity stuff, so it runs the gamut, but the flavors kick rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

atomicthumbs posted:

My dad's review consisted of "God drat" and "you are a worthy successor"

I think that any time you hear "You are a worthy successor" after making and consuming hot sauce... you done right.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Iiiiii'm gonna go against Midorka here.
You got unexpected results from an imperfect test run using potentially already molded produce.
Dump that poo poo.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Lucky Dog is GREAT in the way of flavor, but their heat seams to vary so much.
I'm in no way a "I survived this" hot sauce kind of guy, and Lucky's got the flavors down just right but I wish he'd kick it up a bit. If I'm going to put hot sauce on something I want to put HOT SAUCE on something, not question if it was marinara or pineapple juice.
I don't want the flavors turned down, just the heat kicked up a bit. I dunno, maybe you can't do that.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Tried Dave's Total Insanity for the first time today.
Pretty decent. Actually not AS hot as I was expecting it to be somehow. Decent flavor profile, too. (Don't get me wrong, itssa spicy meat'a'ball)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

It's a pulp maker