Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snorri
Apr 23, 2002

Bob Morales posted:

They have it at all the 'mexican' places here. I just put a spoon or two of it in the little dishes of salsa they bring out with the chips, it's perfect.

Yeah this stuff is hard to beat and is only $1.79 where I live. I love mixing it in with the refried beans and rice and rice at the Mexican restaurants around here, gives it some kick without altering the flavor too much. They just came out with a black version (please excuse the watermark, just rehosted from Google Images):

Smoky, hot, and very good. I have been mixing this with cheddar cheese and my mom's salsa and it is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snorri
Apr 23, 2002

d3rt posted:

Hot, smoky and very good.

Haha, guess my image was too big.

Serious question though, where do you guys buy bulk hot sauce to save some money? I mean I get the 6x28oz bottles of sriracha for a really good price from Amazon, and Wal-Mart has monster bottles of Frank's but I want to get bulk Cholula (original and garlic lime if possible) and Dave's Hurtin Habanero. Googling just gets me over-priced hot sauce shops online and Amazon is more expensive than my local grocery stores.

Snorri
Apr 23, 2002
Just wanted to chime in with a quasi-local sauce:

Very spicy and unlike a "normal" hot sauce. I think it is still just a husband and wife making the sauces, can't tell from the website. I find it very hard to describe, but if you can try a bottle, it is worth it. It is like a spicy tart hot sauce, but no hint of vinegar and maybe a touch of citrus?

The original sauce of theirs I got hooked on was the coconut harissa variety, which they retired at the end of 2015. I bought a TON of them half off while they were clearing it out. On a hot dog it tastes just like chili, but with some spice, and way better for you.

The rest of their sauces are also quite good but none stand out as much as these two for me.

Edit: Forgot to include the URL http://apinya.co/.

Snorri fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Jun 10, 2016

Snorri
Apr 23, 2002
So I did a thing and inadvertently stocked up on sauce (there was a sale):

I have been keeping up on the Hot One's on YouTube and figured I had to try Dirty Dick's Hot Sauce since everyone kept saying how good it was. And I will tell you right now, I have finished a bottle a week. It is glorious. It is quite sweet from the mangoes, pineapple, banana, and raisins, but also around 50,000 scoville units. I have eaten most of a bottle in one sitting.

And I also tried some from Fuego Box:

Of these the cherry reaper is great in general and the Spooky White is very vinegary and is quite good on chicken. The Hotter Than El is pretty good, but not a lot different from cheaper sauces (at $8 a bottle). The Maple Oatmeal Stout is disgusting. The Corine's No. 23 is very mustardy and I think will be great on a sandwich. The Chocolate Spooky is...interesting. I would suggest you convince a friend to buy it and then taste it, not really worth $8.

And I wouldn't bother with Dick's green peach sauce, it is also disgusting.