Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

My grocery story is in Minnesota, and despite some very good hot sauces being made in MN (shout out Cry Baby Craig's), the stores don't stock a big selection of different sauces. Ketchup being spicy up here is a running joke.

On the other hand, I guess Lola's is a Shark Tank product, so it found its way on the shelves. Tried their Ghost Pepper last week and liked it so much I finished it. Very mild heat but very tasty.

I got a new bottle of Carolina Reaper yesterday, which is similar in heat and flavor to El Yucateco habanero, so I'm not sure if it's worth the extra couple bucks, but it's good on fried chicken.

The disparity in heat between Ghost Pepper and Carolina Reaper is kind of wonky though, I'd be really confused if I expected them to be similar, I'm not sure there any label indication other than having a different pepper name (which obviously means nothing).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Sweet, thanks for the tip!

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I vastly prefer Huy Fong sriracha on Asian food and hummus. Any other sriracha has been bad or nearly inedible. Mexican hot sauces for Mexican food. I even bought Firelli Italian hot sauce for like pasta with marinara but it's kind of lame to be honest and Tabasco tends to be better.

I put hot sauce on just about everything, I don't know what that says about me.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

That's a lot of tiger sauce
I think it's good but I've never had any use for it

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Doom Rooster posted:

Our restaurant’s popcorn seasoning base was 4:2:1 salt:sugar:msg. Blend/grind that together with whatever else you want. The sky’s the limit.

That sounds brilliant

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Jehde posted:

Tapatio is primo egg sauce to me.

This before I discovered the giant bottles of Valentina Black Label (before I discovered Zindrew chili oil)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Discussion Quorum posted:

Some dumb insect (beetle probably) girdled my golden cayenne :mad:

gently caress that rear end in a top hat beetle