Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
Tried this out:

It's loving disgusting. Thick, sweet, gummy, sour. I hate it, won't be doing that again. Also it's a glass bottle with a thin neck, like those old ketchup bottles.

I picked up a bottle of Dave's Insanity but I'm not sure if I want to open it or what to do with it, still working my way up from my Sriracha addiction.

Also, not sure where all you can get this, but we have this brand of salsa in Texas and it's wonderful:

I like the more vinegary tasting salsa, and this one has that with plenty of kick. It's on the heat level of that garlic red pepper sauce Huy Fong makes, except it's a more-runny salsa for topping/dipping. Not totally smooth, but the vegetable bits are finely chopped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

oxyrosis posted:

Only 3 lovers of the default mexican sauce in socal? I get points each time I ask for some at my mexican friend's house

I don't recall if I've had it before or not, but I bought a bottle at the same time as the stuff above. Maybe I'll use it on my eggs tomorrow.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

The Cubelodyte posted:

I've never been a big fan of Tabasco, Valentina, or Tapatio for some reason. And to the goon who tried Bufalo, yeah, that poo poo is terrible.

Yeah that was me, just god awful stuff. But I am really loving my bottle of Tapatio. Running through it pretty quick, using it on my eggs each morning.

quote:

I can't eat as much hot sauce as I could when I was a strapping young lad. Not without hours of gastrointestinal payback. Getting older's a bitch. :(

I feel you, I just can't stop eating hot foods.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

Just tried the habanero version of Julio's salsa, from Del Rio TX. It's delicious. They sell their salsas in plastic tubs in the refrigerated section by the butter/cream cheese/sour cream etc.

It has a great kick and tart, salty flavor. They also make tortilla chips which are ridiculously tasty. I'm finding that habanero level salsa is a really happy place for me. Plenty enough heat to be interesting, but not enough to knock me on my rear end.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

Zarithas posted:

Not sure if this has been brought up before, but FYM hot sauce is really drat tasty.

It tastes like fresh habaneros (so somewhat fruity and slightly sweet) without any unnecessary vinegar. Spicy but not overwhelmingly so.

Only downside is that shipping can take over 3 months.

http://fymhotsauce.com

Which one did you try?

Also, I've been really enjoying San Pedro hot sauce, made from piquin chiles. Though, it isn't easy to find. My friend gave me a bottle and I guess he buys it from a Mexican restaurant here locally. Spicy, smokey, not much vinegar taste. Mostly smooth consistency but there are seeds in it as well.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

Pioneer42 posted:

Habanero Tabasco is my #1 BFF

Just got a bottle of this stuff and forgot to get the Chipotle version as well.

It's really really good. Plenty of heat for me with a mild sweetness. There's a LOT of fruit mash in the ingredients. Mango, papaya, etc. I didn't realize I was getting into such a mix of flavors. Very good sauce.

I'll get the Chipotle next time, though I wonder if it'll be as warm as I'm looking for in a hot sauce.

The Ferret King fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Jul 2, 2015

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

Jmcrofts posted:

Yeah I don't know why that one's so awful, the rest of their sauces are great.

Yeah I've got their green XXX Hot one and it's tasty. Rips me a new one though.

So, what's everyone here do for butthole relief?

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
Must be nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

wormil posted:

I didn't even know that was a real thing until now, always thought it was a joke. So your butthole seriously burns?

Yep. A lot.