Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

ThomasPaine posted:

people who are really into hot sauce

This is like the worst demographic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

GrAviTy84 posted:

Debating making one batch with all of the peppers or separating by color and making smaller batches with different flavor profiles. One of the profiles I'm thinking is the yellows with some fresh calamansi I have growing in the backyard. Calamansi has a very thin skin so if I want to include the zest I might need to add them whole but I'm worried the pith will be bitter. What should I do?

Would it be possible to do a sort of quick pickle of the calamansi, like preserved lemons but for less time? That should take care of the pith.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Missing Name posted:

I wound up slicing some up on toast with hot ajvar and cheese and then throwing the rest in my bland store bought curry for lunch.

This reminds me I bought a jar of ajvar a while back and never really decided what to do with it. Toast and cheese sounds nice, what else do you use it for?

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

WITCHCRAFT posted:

Years ago I had a surgical thing where I had to drink a gallon of REMOVE ALL POOPS liquid before going to the doctor. It was pineapple flavored. It did not upset my stomach or make me puke. I did poop forever after drinking it though, and now any "pineapple flavor" foods taste unpleasant to me.

GoLytely is terrible and I can commiserate with you on the surgical thing - I had some surgery as a kid where they 'flavoured' some part of the anesthesia, the gas I guess? It was at Sick Kids Hospital in Toronto so they do children's medicine really well and I suspect this was meant to be relaxing.

Anyway I can't tolerate artificial watermelon flavouring now, makes me vomit.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
A tincture is an interesting way to go, but it opens lots of possibilities, something like a grapefruit (or any citrus) chili tincture for use in cocktails or finishing, or a peppery bitters. A yuzu and chili tincture sprinkled over a delicate cold salad would be killer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I can't believe how absolutely perfect those peppers are.

e: if you tilt it to 30 degrees left it makes a good screaming skull

angerbot fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Jul 20, 2023