Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

I prefer things a little sweeter:

Banana based ketchup. Like its namesake, it's sweet hitting your tongue, but has a slow burn as you keep eating it.

Filipino liver/breadcrumb sauce (Sarsa). It's basically sweet gravy, but they have a hot variety that goes really well with roasts. There's a few decent recipes online and I actually still have some from my last batch, but if you don't have the inclination, it's available pre-bottled.

Found this recently and it's been my go to jalapeno jelly since. Unlike the sauce above, the heat hits like a truck and will get you sweaty in a few bites. Phenomenal on toast, it wakes me up faster than coffee.

The first two are readily available on Amazon, though I ususally get them in Asian stores around here (A good amount of asian food marts will carry them in the NY/NJ area). The third is available to limited areas or through the website: http://www.suzannes-kitchen.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Butch Cassidy posted:

I love Jufran so goddamn much :yum:

Truth be told, I grew up on UFC. But if I start naming preferences, even within just immediate family, I'll start a holy war.:ohdear:

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Blend them into a puree, fold it into pastry cream and pipe it into small cream puff shells. Serve them to friends but let them know that there is a secret ingredient.

This is so evil. But at least I now now what to do to my cornbread this Thanksgiving.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Found this at my local grocery and it's been great on burgers and hotdogs:

Also picked up this:

...which is just on the "meh" side of mediocrity. It's got the sweetness I was looking for, but sorely lacking in heat.