Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Choadmaster
Oct 7, 2004

I don't care how snug they fit, you're nuts!

Bob Morales posted:

This chicken wing place I go to, the #5 wings make sweat bead up so bad on my head it's not funny. My shirt will be soaked, my nose will be running like crazy, when I go to the bathroom and wash up the waitress will always ask "Is he okay?"

'Sup, fellow disturbingly-sweaty goonbro.

Partially inspired by this thread, I've been going through my pile of hot sauces recently to see what I like best. (My testing method is to put it on BBQ chicken pizza - I like BBQ pizza but it tends to be a bit too sweet, so adding some burn makes it perfect.) Both Chipotle Cholula and Chipotle Tabasco have always been favorites of mine, and they still are.

But last night I finally opened up this, which has been sitting in my cabinet since a trip to Asheville, NC last year. Unlike the other habanero sauces I have, it's very thin and vinegary (but I like vinegary sauces) and I didn't realize the bottle mouth doesn't have any restriction - when I upturned it over my pizza slice half the drat bottle poured out onto it. I was sweating like a motherfucker, but it was a drat GOOD slice of pizza.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choadmaster
Oct 7, 2004

I have a bunch ripening right now too. I don't have the balls to try popping one right into my mouth though.

If you find a good sauce recipe, please post it.

Choadmaster
Oct 7, 2004

CommonShore posted:

That my friend is Sambal Oelek. It's chilli paste with garlic and pretty much nothing else. It is amazing. I use it for putting heat into any type of cuisine in which red chillies are appropriate.

Not quite. Sambal Oelek is basically chile, preservatives, and nothing else. No garlic, unlike the Chili Garlic product in the photo.

As far as the three Huy Fong products are concerned, they're all made from the same base chili mash. You can think of the Chili Garlic as Sambal Oelek + Garlic, and of Sriracha as Chili Garlic + Sugar (blended to a paste with xanthan gum as an emulsifier).

Ingredients posted:

Sambal Oelek
Chili, Salt, Distilled Vinegar, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Bisulfite

Chili Garlic
Chili, Garlic, Salt, Distilled Vinegar, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Bisulfite

Sriracha
Chili, Sugar, Garlic, Salt, Distilled Vinegar, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Bisulfite, and Xanthan Gum