Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Drythe posted:

I keep both Dave's Ghost Pepper and Dave's Scorpion Pepper sauce at work for when I want to enjoy something tasty and spicy.

Not my picture, but the same bottles I keep around.

Dave's Total Insanity sauce is pretty awesome in it's own right. My go-tos are:

Sriracha
Franks red hot
Dave's total insanity sauce
Also in my fridge but not used nearly as often are Tabasco and Texas Pete Pepper Sauce. I only use those as toppings on things like greens though. For that stuff I go with the classics.
Oh and I guess I do have Cholula too. Man I didn't realize I have an entire shelf in my fridge door dedicated to hot sauces and mustards.

Croatoan fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Jun 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Quiet Feet posted:

You must be really fun in a Thai restaurant.

Seriously though I know it sounds a little odd but I think spiciness and peanuts go well together.

I know a guy who's son makes ramen and throws in some peanut butter and sriracha to make a ghetto pad thai. TBH I kinda want to try it.

Back to hot sauces, I finally got around to trying Dave's Ultimate Insanity Sauce and holy gently caress that burned my tongue for like 10 minutes. That's from taking a few drops on my tongue. On a sandwich it was great but god drat that poo poo was too much for me on it's own. :supaburn:

Edit: I should clarify, I love Dave's Total Insanity Sauce and don't have a problem taking a few drops straight up.

Croatoan fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Apr 3, 2015

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Shbobdb posted:

How is total insanity? I love insanity and use it as my go-to hot sauce.

drat near the same thing except more garlic and a bit hotter. Overall it's easy to switch to from regular old insanity sauce.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Anyone ever go to Firehouse subs? One of their gimmicks is a hot sauce bar. It's pretty rad. You can try out a poo poo ton of sauces before buying a bottle. It's saved me from buying a few lovely sauces and turned me on to quite a few more.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Is it weird to occasionally just take a slug from your favorite hot sauce? I do it but I think it's weird. Am I the only one who does that?

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
I found a new hot sauce you guys have to try. I don't know if I would describe it as a medium hot sauce or a super spicy barbecue sauce. Either way, it's awesome! Historic Lychburg Tennessee Whiskey Barbecue Sauce 151 POOF is what it's called. I like it as a dipping sauce for chips fries whatever. Man this stuff is good!

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Jimson posted:

Crystal is the best hot sauce, bar none

You're silly.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Manslaughter posted:

Diablo sauce is back at taco bell.

I finally tried this. It was hot but not crazy. The taste however was just sour meh. Really disappointing IMO.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

niss posted:

I can't say this sauce in particular, but your favorite hot sauce as salad dressing is great.. Been doing this for years and the looks I get are hilarious

Holy poo poo what a great idea.

Edit: Also I met my match y'all. I got the "Hottest Jerky Ever" from Big Jim's over in SAmart and god drat it's too hot for me.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
The classics never get any love. Texas Pete is pretty good on fried chicken y'all.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

Löwensenf Extra. The stuff with all German writing on the label is hotter, but even the English-text version you can find at Cost Plus World Market and other stores is very good. Delicious on a bratwurst, or you can smear it on a roast.

No joke. This is my current favorite. Small jars though.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Oh man this "Gator hammock swamp gator hot sauce" is super duper good! Might be a new favorite!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Suspect Bucket posted:

That's what I sent to my secret santa. It's quality stuff!

For real though, it's not all that spicy but the black pepper and other floaty bits make this a fuckin' killer hot sauce. I was literally dipping my sandwich in a cup of it.