Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
What's a good "chocolate habanero" sauce I can order online? I fell in love with one that's sold in a very particular place in a distant country and I've been chasing that dragon since. The heat level on the chocolate habanero is about perfect - comparable heat will do. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Perry Mason Jar posted:

What's a good "chocolate habanero" sauce I can order online? I fell in love with one that's sold in a very particular place in a distant country and I've been chasing that dragon since. The heat level on the chocolate habanero is about perfect - comparable heat will do. Thanks!

Grabbed Heartbreaking Dawn's SouthWest Habanero because it kept popping up and had chocolate habanero as the first ingredient.

Satisfying for heat - almost - but overall not something I'm likely to grab again. First off I think a carrot base for chocolate habanero is a mistake until I'm proven otherwise. It loves tomato. But the carrot base can be forgiven. Unfortunately, apple cider vinegar is the second ingredient and its a dealbreaker here. Needs less ACV first of all and second the proportion is absolutely smothering the heat that's begging to come through (obviously this is the intention, it's just overdone).

It's not so bad I won't finish the bottle or anything but surely there's better sauces out there.

Thanks to the thread for the Marie Sharpe Habanero recommendation. Great daily driver. I'll probably grab the gold label for this one next.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Ferment and mash is a popular route. Vinegar can cut out a lot of the heat. You can also make a proper sauce with vinegar and tomato, since tomato will also cut it, and something like pineapple will also help if you wanted or didn't mind something fruity. Regular sugar is also an option for tempering down heat.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Speaking of, I picked up Woodstock Scorpion Pepper Hot Sauce and meant to post about it before forgetting! It's more mash than sauce, and you definitely feel the scorpion pepper, but it's really, really good. Will end up picking it up again I'm sure, though even this 5oz is gonna last a while since you don't need to use much.

Picked up also Woodstock Scotch Bonnet Hot Sauce and it's okay. Nothing noteworthy but not a bad sauce either. Unlikely to pick up again. Also got Earl Jr. Ale House Habanero which is really quite good. It's not as good as Marie Sharpe's but it's good enough to replace it if you're wanting to opt out of the carrot base there.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Insane how closely they resemble the nails of Guinness Book record holders for longest nails

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
A lot of them rotate stock in and out quickly. Anything above jalapeño is a hot commodity. So I'd check them a few times each

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
There's basically no wrong sauce to put on egg. Eggs is one of the more perfect hot sauce mediums

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Bum the Sad posted:

What about cum

What about it

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
The best bottles are always the unlabeled or home-labeled. Wish I could find a local maker here, on the equator and below you can't avoid stumbling into some

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Soul Dentist posted:

The mushroom one is wild.

Uh, yeah, we can read

Edit: non-shitpost edit that Melinda's Red Savina is excellent. We picked up the 6-pack variety recently and it's going the quickest by far. Perfect heat level, unintrusive but flavorful, just a great well-rounded sauce top notch