Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
^^ It was also the easiest way to get them there. Also the only way that they would trust them was to do the guest rights poo poo, since they had a good reason to think they would betray them, since Robb broke his word.

BubbleGoose posted:

drat, I already miss the red. I also took the black clothes to mean mourning, but Robin's not dressed in black. Maybe because he's a lord now and doesn't have to?

The 'little bird' and the 'mockingbird' do look badass in their coordinating outfits.

Didn't they mention before her red hair is a distinctive feature? It could be to hide it since she is wanted for the death of the king

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Vehementi posted:

People in that land respect a ruse wedding where a house is massacred? They made a huge loving deal about how Frey's house's name is ruined forever for breaking the guest rule. It seems super far fetched anyone would be convinced that this wedding was legitimate, not under duress, or not invalidated for a dozen reasons like "they killed all the guests", much less care about any claim House Frey makes from now until the end of time.

The name is ruined but they have the support of the Lannisters so it is valid.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Mister Fister posted:

https://imgur.com/gallery/l6ke6

Everyone looks more or less the same in the show as in real life, except for Varys... he looks like two completely different people, weird.

You did see Sandor Clegana?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

precision posted:

I'm pretty sure the Seven have literally never done anything, ever, and are just completely invented out of whole cloth.

Not sure about the Drowned God but who would make up a religion that hopeless?

The dickless ironborn

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

Well the whole point of raiding and reaving is that you don't fight fair. Though I don't know how you literally base an entire society on plunder, what the hell did they do when the kingdom was at peace? gently caress with Essos nonstop? Is there a legacy of Ironborn corporate takeovers?

Sounds like they were Stark's bitch.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Bobo the Red posted:

She did care. that was the problem. What Ned was doing was literally going to get her and her kids killed. She's super hosed up, and evil as gently caress, but in season 1 she was fighting to keep her kids alive. She was fine with sending Ned to the Wall, because that would've ended the threat just as well. She didn't actually hate him (as opposed to someone like Tyrion), he was just a very real threat.

He did offer her a way out. That she could escape with their lives, she just did not want to leave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

On Terra Firma posted:

The show to get around to their plot.

Seriously though, they are the most menacing threat to everyone yet somehow they're just being totally glossed over in the narrative. I mean we had that one shot of the King Iceman turning the baby into a white walker, but beyond that pretty much nothing. I don't get it.

I think its that everyone is dealing with this petty poo poo, not realizing that the real problem is coming and when it does it will be shocking for everyone.

• Locked thread