Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kasonic
Mar 6, 2007

Tenth Street Reds, representing

Brick Card posted:

What kind of commission would sanction a fight between Clegane and Martell? The Mountain is a big Super Heavyweight and the Viper is a welterweight at best.

King's Landing is strictly PRIDE rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kasonic
Mar 6, 2007

Am I the only one that noticed/thought that Sansa's new dress looks almost exactly like Catelyn's green one? It's obvious she knows what she's doing.

Kasonic
Mar 6, 2007

precision posted:

I don't know why people are assuming that Sansa is now smart and "playing the game"

She is when you define 'the game' not as "Chessmastering for the Throne" but "playing politics and allies of opportunity." She was a piece of furniture in King's Landing, and she knows being herself got her nowhere and no favors. Baelish is only helping her because he wishes she was Cat, but even she knows he's very powerful in his conspiratorial ways. She has no choice but to trust him, but it's also the right move if she wants to stay alive and not take a stroll through the Moon Door.

That DICK! posted:

How quickly we all forget Larger than Life character and Attempted Raper of the World Khal Drogo

Yeah, gently caress the Mountain. I'm still pissed about Drogo.

quote:

But this whole season has felt like its wallowing in its awfulness.

It's a dark time. The War of the Five Kings was all about big heroes and justice, but the aftermath has left the Throne a mess, with the Lannisters cannabalizing themselves in plain view. This episode was a huge paradigm shift, with Tyrion either dead or (hopefully) on the lamb, the Wall in serious trouble, Baelish's lordship established over the Vale and House Bolton claiming the North. Whether the spiral goes up or down from here, things definitely didn't wallow.

Kasonic fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Jun 3, 2014

Kasonic
Mar 6, 2007

Lycus posted:

Yeah, Theon was a character that was around in the early seasons. He's dead now, but Reek was pretending to be him.

:(

I feel like the only light at the end of Theon's tunnel is being mercifully killed, by a character who knows nothing of his story. He just deserves peace.

Kasonic
Mar 6, 2007

Well, Jorah is halfway across the world. I don't think ravens make transoceanic trips. Two years(?) does seem like a long time for one message, though.

Kasonic
Mar 6, 2007

You have to give it to the Lord of Light, even with the shadow fetus demons, at least he actually exists.

Kasonic
Mar 6, 2007

Well, they do call them 'The Old Ways.' I'd imagine Aegon and the Targaryens put a stop to that poo poo real fast.

Kasonic
Mar 6, 2007

Why would you do this?

Kasonic
Mar 6, 2007

OtherworldlyInvader posted:

Death in this show is an integral part of a character, and the story at large. Every single death is the direct (if often unintended) result of that character's own decisions. More than that, every decision which leads to that death is the result of fundamental aspects of their character. They literally can't escape them without being some one else.

All very true. Even Drogo, whose death vexes me to this day, died defending Dany's naivete, finally pulling her back into the real world from whatever fever dream Viserys kept her in.

Kasonic
Mar 6, 2007

"Can Jamie psychologically torment Grant so badly that he'll reject his own sister's love while her life hangs in the balance? Find out after the break!"

Kasonic
Mar 6, 2007

I imagine the official story provided to everyone who wasn't in the room at the time didn't mention the Master of Coin and City Watch bravely betraying a crippled man.

Kasonic
Mar 6, 2007

So what in the show has already occurred in AFFC/DWD? Won't poaching from future books mean we'll end up skipping over certain arcs for long periods of time?

Kasonic
Mar 6, 2007

Balon had two scenes. I feel like we're never going to see more Greyjoy action.

Kasonic
Mar 6, 2007

The Ironborn are pretty pragmatic. While I'll admit the edit was poorly done and the whole fight was a bit confusing, I think it was pretty clear to her that any Theon in there was dead. If Balon was ready to chuck him into the ocean for wearing a medallion, how do you think he'd respond to a filthy eunuch begging to return to his beloved Ramsay?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kasonic
Mar 6, 2007

Industrial posted:

She will still randomly mourn Ned to this day.

I've been thinking about Oberyn all week. When Robb died that really got me down for a while. I watched him tell off Edmure for being an idiot earlier and it made me feel better :unsmith:

• Locked thread