Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Hi.

We don't need a two-post, 5,000-word essay for every weekly thread that mentions every character that was on screen for thirty seconds and hasn't appeared for two-and-a-half seasons, while managing to say nothing informative about anything at all.

Post a wiki link. The end. Full episode guides. Full articles on everything, and that aren't a one-sentence joke that no one will get/care about/read. Slightly creepy wallpaper. All spoiler-free.

http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Game_of_Thrones_Wiki

"Who's the Spanish guy, and why is he fighting this tall strong man? I don't understand what's going on, where are the Starks and Tyrone Lannister :confused: "

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

If you look closely you can tell this is fake because the burnt area switches sides a few times.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
This page is longer than a wikipedia article on Sonic the Hedgehog.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

One day a mod is going to replace all the images in the character guide with beecock and you'll be sorry you ever doubted it.

And now I know what that is.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
If you guys want to know a cool little trivial connection between characters:

This dude who listened to Sansa's confession in the Vale...

is the father of THIS dude who died way back in the very first scene of s01e01!

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I also know that there are still people (my sister included, until a few weeks ago*) who didn't realise that Lord Commander Mormont was Jorah "Friendzone" Mormont's father.

You could play a long game of "this dude is THIS dude's dad!" connections with this series and keep surprising people.

*My sister, I poo poo you not, also didn't realise that Stannis is Robert's brother, until she saw something on Youtube a month or so ago. She legitimately didn't get why he was so adamant about getting the throne for himself.

Hedrigall fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Jun 2, 2014

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

KinkyJohn posted:

So it turns out the laptop I uploaded the previous image on has completely poo poo contrast so it was supposed to look like this:

So the image you made before the episode aired, and posted in the non spoiler thread, shows Oberyn with blood coming out of his eye, no teeth, and blood spattered around his head. :raise:

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

oswald ownenstein posted:

I'm not at all concerned about Tyrion. GRRM kills a lot of characters but I can't see him killing off Tyrion or Arya or Jon basically ever.

What about Ned, Robb or Cat?

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Blazing Ownager posted:

Fun trivia about that scene: It was shot in such a way with the hand shake that no matter where you move, the gun is always pointed at you when viewing it.

Sorry to derail but what the gently caress do you even mean by that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Tenebrais posted:

It's the "eyes follow you around the room" effect. But with the barrel of a gun. It's not particularly impressive; anything pointing directly at the camera will seem to be pointed at you from whatever angle you view it.

That is how images on 2D surfaces work. And now a goon is amazed by this simple fact and is gushing praise about "the way it was shot! Aren't they super clever guys!!!"

• Locked thread